We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not long now....

adelaide
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Not long now....

well i am officially on holidays starting today...no more work for 3 weeks...yippee....

I fly out to Singapore on Sunday, 3 nights there and then off to sunny (hopefully) Phuket. I cant wait for the warmth and the relaxing and the eating and the drinking and the people and the...well there is just too much i can say. Just have to get packing now:)

melbourne
Level Contributor
64 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Not long now....

Have a fantastic time. We have been to Phuket twice and go again in 6 weeks time. We love it! Weather is usually realy good and shopping is fantastic. Eat at Sabi Sabi down lane way near post office. Best food.

adelaide
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Not long now....

thanks for that Juleslangy, really looking forward to it now

Cheers

Karen

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Not long now....

Hi Karen,

Have a great time, you must be so excited...We still have 6 weeks to wait for our 4th trip to Phuket.

Cheers, Pete

Traralgon, Australia
Level Contributor
189 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Not long now....

Have a great time, Karen! We leave Melb tomorrow night on our first ever OS trip, arriving in Phuket on Saturday morning. Like you, we are hoping the weather is sunny, but anything has go to be better than a Gippsland winter.

Just got to find a place that shows the AFL on the telly, now!

Cheers

Phil

Australia
Level Contributor
173 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Not long now....

Have a great time in phuket, we were there in July and plan to return next year......anything is better than cold Melbourne weather.....

Mentioned in this post
Melbourne
Melbourne
Victoria, Australia
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Not long now....

Hi Karen, hope you enjoy your trip and find time to come back and tell us about it.

Phil, not sure where you are staying, but try the bars at back of the Otop markets. We drink at the Quokka bar, but we weren't here in time for a game, there are quite a few other bars and I'm sure you could find a game to watch. Scruffy Murphy's in Bangla Rd also has AFL showing.

Pete, that time will fly by and before you know it, you, Jane and the family will be over there and we'll be hanging out for your next adventure story.

Lee

Traralgon, Australia
Level Contributor
189 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Not long now....

Thanks Lee. We are staying at the Merlin Beach Resort which is a little way out of town, but I will make sure I do the rounds of bars in the OTOP markets area when the mighty Doggies are strutting their stuff.

Cheers

Phil

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,139 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Not long now....

Hi Lee,

I know the time will fly by and we are also looking forward to going Back to the Quokka Bar to see Elle, Mai, Gai & David. We have been going there since 2005 they are a lovely bunch of People and they always are so happy to see us and make us so welcome.

Cheers, Pete.

cape town
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Not long now....

have a great time... 3 more weeks, then our first o/s trip.... can't wait. hoping not to forget anything.

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
694 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Not long now....

We fly out on Monday from Sydney. Today is the last day od work for 2 weeks.

Beach here we come.