We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Holbaek, Denmark
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Topic
Too hot to use a child carrier?

Hi, we are going to Phuket tomorrow, I'm wondering, is it too hot to walk with a child carrier (like this: littletrekkers.co.uk/shop/index.php/flypage/… ) for short walks on the beach etc. with my 2 year old, 13 kilo son?

I know it's subjective, but I would like your thoughts on it.

All the best, ATJ

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Too hot to use a child carrier?

It will be more practical than a push-chair type, as footpaths sometimes don't exist and those that do are a bit of a rough obstacle course.

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
909 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Too hot to use a child carrier?

Phuket can be very hot and sometimes the sand is even too hot to walk barefoot on.

But this time of year is not the hot season.

Kata beach, Nai Harn, Patong beach, all have trees nearby for shade.

Do like the locals and sit in the shade and then take short walks down to the water or along the beach.

Use the hours of 5:00 PM to 7:00 Pm as your prime beach hours as well as the monrning hours of sunset until about 10 AM.

Between 10 and 5 is the hottest time of course.

Also, some days are cloudy this time of year and it is very pleasant at the beach.

Have fun!

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Too hot to use a child carrier?

No, that won't be too hot.

I always wear the little one on my shoulders, and have to stop because he gets too heavy, not because it is too hot.

As already mentioned, this will be more practical that a push-chair.

4. Re: Too hot to use a child carrier?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2010, 06:18