We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advise needed on good location in phuket

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
advise needed on good location in phuket

hi,

Spending a week on phuket island next april and looking for a good 4 or 5 star hotel, but not sure about location. I am looking for peace and quiet but still want to be near a bit of life shopping/rest etc. I dont want to be cut off from everything else all sugestions gratefully recieved.

deb.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advise needed on good location in phuket

Karon Beach sounds like the place for you. Less hectic than Patong, yet still plenty of dining opportunities, shops etc.

A short ride to Patong if you do want to head there one evening for the markets, bars and sights.

We have some pics, maps and stories of our recent trip to Phuket here... www.bobandjanette.com that may help.

Happy & safe travels

Bob

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,730 posts
1,737 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advise needed on good location in phuket

Karon or Kata if you want peace and quiet.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: advise needed on good location in phuket

We are stay at malissa villa at Kata at the moment and have to say it is just so lovely. We are close to every thing but still very quite.The service is 5 star plus! The rooms are hugh with large out door pvt areas and your own pool > iwould stay it is the best best in phuket I have stayed.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
691 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: advise needed on good location in phuket

try the merlin beach resort private 2mins out of Patong, beautiful resort. On the beach on the way to Karon beach.

Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
548 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: advise needed on good location in phuket

If you are on your own and depending on what you want to do - able to walk to everything ansd not waste a minute of your 7 days, then I suggest Patong. The range of accommodation is so good now, you can pick a hotel or guesthouse that can be "right in it, yet out of it".

Drop me an email to rfdunedin@ymail.com and I will send you a Tip Sheet that a friend and I have put together over 15 years of visiting Phuket. It's sort of "quick start" to your holiday that we originally put together for friends who were planning to visit Phuket and asked us for "ideas on where to eat, shop, etc."

I will also include some notes on accommodation.

Cheers!

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,964 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: advise needed on good location in phuket

Hi Deb, also consider Mom Tris Boathouse located directly on the southern end of Kata Beach.Great location right on the beach, small boutique style hotel within minutes walk to some shopping, restaurants and pubs.

Chantal.

7. Re: advise needed on good location in phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2010, 06:19