We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon stay confusion.

India
Level Contributor
184 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Honeymoon stay confusion.

Hi,

I am planning my honeymoon to Thailand in mid Jan 2010.I will be taking a 2-3 night stop at Phuket and would request your advise on the following:

1. Which beach to stay at ? The popular ones that I know of are Patong and Karon. Patong being where all the noise and party is at. But I think I would prefer a beach like Karon - which I believe is comparatively quiet and very near to Patong too ??

2. Which resorts to stay at for my honeymoon. I like places that are modern and would like a property that is situated right on the beach itself. I would prefer a private villa with a plunge pool on the beach. My budget is around 5500 THB per night, which can be stretched a bit. Any suggestions on any modern fancy resorts/villas on the beach ??

3. Also what is the way to travel from Koh Samui to Phuket. Domestic airlines etc. Where will I get the lowest fares ??

I know there are loads of forums on all this in here, but the more I read the more I am getting confused, so some fresh advise would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon stay confusion.

Hi the ONLY airways from Phuket to Samui is Bangkok Airways. (Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but is how it used to be).

There is only 2 hotels DIRECTLY on Karon Beach.

Karon Beach Resort

http://www.katagroup.com/karonbeach/

and Inn on the Beach (I think this is the name).

Not sure if either one will have private pool villas.

Just opposite Karon Beach are many hotels, the newer one being Movenpick which is very nice.

However in Mid January, during our peak season a private pool villa will more then likely be much more then 5500 baht a night. This is the MOST expensive season.

I have read about some very nice private pool villas in Kata but not right on the beach but I think with reasonable prices. I think it was at the Malissa .. but not sure.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
4,000 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon stay confusion.

Hi

Check out the new Villas at Mom Tris Boathouse located directly on the southern end of Kata Beach. They have private plunge pools and are close to the larger swimming pool.

Cheers

Chantal.

melbourne
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon stay confusion.

Best advice, go after peak season.

I think for what you want, in mid January, you are going to have to stretch all the way to double your budget. Consider a pool villa at Centara Karon, but peak season will be around 10,000 baht per night. Spa villa for 8000. You might luck out and get a free night deal somewhere, but I doubt it. Sawadee has Movenpick plunge pool room at 8100 baht, which is pretty good.

www.sawadee.com/hotel/676307-rates.html

Johannesburg, South...
Level Contributor
742 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon stay confusion.

Hi,

I would suggest that you check out the Le Meridian. Technically it falls under Patong, but it's actaully situated at a lovely private beach between Karon and Patong. It's within your budget and would definitely be my first choice for a honeymoon resort. It has everything that you can imagine, including a spa for the new bride. They also have a few specials at the moment, stay 8 nights and get 4 nights free etc.

Otherwise, I would probably pick the Movenpick as my second choice.

5. Re: Honeymoon stay confusion.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2010, 06:15