We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for somewhere romantic to stay

sydney
4 posts
Save Topic
looking for somewhere romantic to stay

hi there, my partner and i are traveling to thailand for the first time and don't really have any idea where to stay.

would really like somewhere close to the beach with a pool and a poolbar that serves cocktales for the misses. we are in our early 20's and are looking forward to shopping and partying. we are trying to stick to a buget of $100au or less a night for accomation. i've being looking but really have no idea on locations ect, any help would be appriciated.

thanks

melbourne
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for somewhere romantic to stay

Really depends on when you are going. To get any sort of value for under $100 you have to go between May and the end of October.

Thara Patong and Kata Palm are nice hotels that can be had for less than $100 in low season. Mercure is another. Swiss Palm, but it's a bit far out for me, and only a small pool. Centara Karon, but not in the tower rooms. You might sneak in to Patong Merlin or Courtyard Marriott if they have a special going. If you are happy enough with your own company, Duangjitt has beautiful grounds and massive pools, and their cheaper rooms are under $100 in low season. Research which room to stay in, it makes a big difference there, and most places.

If I was you, I'd stay in Patong in low season, or split your stay. Keep your eye out for free night specials that bring the price under $100 (but make sure they include breakfast).

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
693 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for somewhere romantic to stay

have a look at mecure patong. horizon beach resort, patong. patong merlin.

definately shop on line for your best room price. try asiarooms.com or hotelclub.com.au both are secure sites, I've used both.

feb and march are good times to go, no rain and not so hot/humid.

3. Re: looking for somewhere romantic to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2010, 04:19