We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must sees/don't miss things to do on 1st trip

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
753 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Must sees/don't miss things to do on 1st trip

I've been reading heaps on this forum, it's fantastic & thought I would ask you all for suggestions to save me reading through heaps of posts again.......

Family of four (children are 11 and 14) staying at Centara Karon.

Suggestions on what to see & do etc......we have 8 nights so here's a few things we've decided on so far -

-elephant ride

-Phang Nga Bay but not sure who with

-ATV maybe (not sure about the 11 yr old though)

- the Zoo

Any other suggestions most welcome! Thanks so much everyone.....

Mentioned in this post
Centara Karon Resort Phuket
Centara Karon Resort...
4,262 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Phang Nga Bay
Phang Nga Bay
1,572 Reviews
Ao Phang Nga National Park, Thailand
Perth
Level Contributor
1,955 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Must sees/don't miss things to do on 1st trip

Hi,

Try Dino Park Mini Golf

John Gray Hong By Starlight

Siam Safari Half Day Tour - the morning one.

Drive up the West Coast to Khao Lak

Big Buddha

Coral Island

Drive up the East Coast

Aquarium

Cheers,

Stewie.

Mentioned in this post
Dino Park Mini Golf
Dino Park Mini Golf
1,290 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phuket Big Buddha
Phuket Big Buddha
12,738 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Coral Island
Coral Island
772 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Queensland...
Level Contributor
3,037 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must sees/don't miss things to do on 1st trip

Maybe add Wat Chalong to your list. The artwork on the ceilings & around the inside walls is beautiful. Also the stairways inside the temples are a must see . CJ

Mentioned in this post
Wat Chalong
Wat Chalong
2,769 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Melbourne
Level Contributor
281 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Must sees/don't miss things to do on 1st trip

HI

my boys are 16 and 12 and we were there a month ago

Phang Nga Bay we did with Simba Sea Trips check them out on the web they are fantastic or read my Jbr for more details also did Phi Phi with them and you will get to snorkel and feed monkeys.

Dino Park is a good thing to do at night and then have dinner there.

Phantasea is another good night thing and Simon Caberet

I would do the Big Budhha and Wat Chalong very beautiful and the karon view look out and if you want go to Cashew Factory my boys loved just tasting all the different ways that cashews were done and you can bring them home no problems. Also if you are staying at Centara Karon try the happiness massage at night we had foot massages with the boys and they loved it as they never experienced this before and was surprised at how many teenagers actually do it.. Elephant trek is a must we used KOk Chang Safari which comes highly recommended on this forum.

Have Fun

Mentioned in this post
Phang Nga Bay
Phang Nga Bay
1,572 Reviews
Ao Phang Nga National Park, Thailand
Simba Sea Trips
Simba Sea Trips
2,444 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
940 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Dino Park
Dino Park
377 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Wat Chalong
Wat Chalong
2,769 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Centara Karon Resort...
4,262 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
753 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Must sees/don't miss things to do on 1st trip

Thanks for the ideas everyone! Now I will have to work out where we fit it all into 8 days and still have time for a few cocktails. I'd forgotten about Wat Chalong as that's something I know the adults would like to see.

Given it's January & peak time when we go would you advise to pre-book any trips?

Thanksssssssss...........

Mentioned in this post
Wat Chalong
Wat Chalong
2,769 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Queensland...
Level Contributor
3,037 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Must sees/don't miss things to do on 1st trip

It's up to you, but we have only ever used tuk tuk driver or driven ourselves .

If you want to book Fantasea when you get there the pick up & drop backs are included in the price same goes for any boat trips you book when over there. CJ

Mentioned in this post
Phuket FantaSea
Phuket FantaSea
7,050 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Melbourne
Level Contributor
281 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Must sees/don't miss things to do on 1st trip

Hi

Yes I would pre book any tours like Phang Bay or Phi Phi as these would be very popular we pre booked ours and we went low season. You can emaiL Simba and give them your dates and they will let you know what days they are going on these trips and then you pay a small deposit through Pay Pay and they will advise you what to do next. This Compnay is run by australians and are very good at communicating with any questions you may have. I think anything else you do will be okay to book when you get there. Oh Yeh dont forget the cocktails even the kids can join in with virgin Pina Coladas they were a real hit at Centara

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
940 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Centara Karon Resort...
4,262 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
753 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Must sees/don't miss things to do on 1st trip

Hi everyone and thanks so much for all your valuable suggestions and information so far....I just want to say we have 67 days and counting down!! It's very exciting when you're planning holidays. I think the heat we are experiencing in Echuca (38 yesterday) is starting to prepare us for Thailand..........lol.

Sure I may have some more questions soon.

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
8. Re: Must sees/don't miss things to do on 1st trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2014, 11:31
9. Re: Must sees/don't miss things to do on 1st trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2010, 05:17