We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I buy a bottle Alcohol in Phuket

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Where can I buy a bottle Alcohol in Phuket

2 years ago we visited Phuket and brought Vodka from the duty free in Sydney. When we changed planes at Bangkok it was confiscated at the gate by customs. Even though we had the receipt from Sydney and bottle was unopened. I understand this still happens because of the 100ml rule.

So where can I buy a bottle of Vodka or beers etc in Phuket. We are staying in the Karon area.

Cheers

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I buy a bottle Alcohol in Phuket

Any 7-11 sells beer and whiskey - not sure about Vodka. For sure you can buy i at Tesco Lotus. There are restricted hours for selling alcohol, basically 11-2 and after 5pm are Ok, other times they won't sell.

Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
1,950 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I buy a bottle Alcohol in Phuket

Either buy at the duty free shop at Phuket Airport or at the many 7-11s around Karon. If you plan a trip to Patong you could check out the Carrefours at Jungceylon.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
5,065 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can I buy a bottle Alcohol in Phuket

Hi, we bought all our beer and cruisers and the 7/11. They are everywhere. I am not sure about vodka. The beer etc was sooo cheap. Last time we also lost our alcohol thru customs...so next time we will just buy it in patong.. cheers

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
492 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can I buy a bottle Alcohol in Phuket

7-11s have vodka - on the shelves directly behind the clerks.

Reasonable prices.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where can I buy a bottle Alcohol in Phuket

Thank you, all responses have been very helpful.

6. Re: Where can I buy a bottle Alcohol in Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2010, 06:16