We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Got down to two hotels

Australind
Level Contributor
462 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Got down to two hotels

Hi guys

Wonder if I can have some opinions. We have got it down to a choice of two hotels:

Banthai resort or

Salathai Resort

The Salathai looks lovely and is much smaller which suits us a bit better. If anyone knows Bali we stay at the Kumala Pantai when over there. But my agent has never heard of the Salathai even though it has such great reviews on here.

Any opinions would be appreciated, thanks :)

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,093 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Got down to two hotels

This will make it really hard as both are very good but my choice would be Banthai as its a better location. Having said that Salathai is also in a pretty good location just a little further north (10 Min Walk)

Sorry but i love all of Patong and Phuket.

Cheers, Pete

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,761 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Got down to two hotels

I would say Banthai, it is across the road from the beach. Its in the centre of mnay great restaurant areas and shopping. Its a short walk to Bangla, but there is also live entertainment surrounding the Banthai.

Salathai is a short walk to beach, and is towards the northern, quieter end of Patong.

I have not stayed in either.

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
492 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Got down to two hotels

There is a quite a different feel to the two resorts and it may just depend on your personal style preferences.

BanThai is a bit modern and stylish - but that design feature can also feel a bit austere at times - versus the more traditional style resort like the SalaThai. BanThai has pool access rooms and I am not sure about the SalaThai.

As some people mentioned - the part of town is also a bit different but really the walk from one to the other wouldn't take more than 15 minutes and the beach area in front of both is roughly similar to me. Both, of course, are across the road - but the Impiana (I think) is on the beach side of the road in the area of the SalaThai. Probably easy to get fast access to the sea from the BanThai.

Really a toss up!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Got down to two hotels

I can highly recommend the Salathai. We loved it that much that we are going back again next year.

I loved the intimate feel of the hotel which sounds like what you are after.

I have not stayed at the Banthai so really can't comment about it, but I can honestly say the Salathai deserves the good reviews it gets.

If you have any questions, just PM me.

Jenny

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Got down to two hotels

Don't worry about your travel agent not knowing about Salathai, I find they only really know about the bigger chain hotels (you're probably more knowledgable than him/her anyway). We stayed at the Salathai last year and loved it!! It's a smaller resort, more intimate feel, lovely fantastic and friendly staff, yum food, super clean and spacious rooms...what more can you ask for?! There's a great massage place a few doors down called Reflexology 2000 that my aching feet dream about everyday...*sigh*

Oh yes the best thing about Salathai, we got it for $41/night from Asiarooms for a standard room with 2 double beds. I just quickly did a search through asiarooms and noticed it's quite heavily booked so that might say something. Yes it 's a smidgen further from the centre of Patong but the walk along the beach to get there was lovely.

Regardless of where you stay I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Cheers Coco

Australind
Level Contributor
462 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Got down to two hotels

Thank you once again for helping me I really appreciate all your feedback guys :)

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
1,118 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Got down to two hotels

Have stayed at Banthai this year and I can say the location is fantastic. Breakfast not so great - boring not much variety. Rooms are clean and tidy, linen & pool towels need upgrading but still clean. Check in a long process and still couldn't get it right. On check in if they offer you to stay at another hotel for a night as they had over booked 'Say No' as they will find you a room. Check out also not so great. Pool atmosphere fantastic.

8. Re: Got down to two hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 May 2010, 06:21