We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with a gym in Phuket

Holland
Level Contributor
43 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with a gym in Phuket

Hi all,

We're planning to go to Phuket for the first time, however I would like to have a gym at the hotel, and also not anywhere too remote from local towns, yet quiet enough to relax.

When is the high-season in Phuket ? What would it be like in April ?

Which hotel would you recommend (4 - 4.5 star) ?

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with a gym in Phuket

hi, most hotels have gyms, but depends on your budget? we stayed at Gracelands resort and it is really good, north end of Patong, close enough to everything within walking distance or you can get a tuk tuk (taxi) it has a nice gym not too big but has everything, also has a bowling alley, 2 nice pool areas with swim up pool bar and opp beach, their prices are very good too, checkout website www.phuketgraceland.com

Also Merlin Beach resort is good too and has a gym but not walking distance to anything you have to get hotel shuttle or taxi into Patong, you wont have aproblem finding one most of them are very good,

April is a good time to go but still mid to high end on prices depends on the hotel system for their pricing

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
4,001 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with a gym in Phuket

Another good option is The Hilton Arcadia in Karon. They have great gym facilities and also offer yoga classes (on wednesdays I think) as well as have squash and tennis courts .

Have fun!

Chantal.

australia
Level Contributor
372 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with a gym in Phuket

hi there....we are going in april.......staying at gracelands phuket on patong beach and theyhave a gym........have a look at their site..............regards judych aust

Holland
Level Contributor
43 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with a gym in Phuket

Thanks all :)

The Graceland really looks good as we also looked at Katathani but I find it too remote....

We don't know yet if we can go in February, otherwise we'll go in April.

I'm really really looking forwards to this vacation !!

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with a gym in Phuket

Hi, yes could recomend Graceland Resort it has everything you need, service, food etc was very good, bit of a language barrier on front desk but you get that, well we are in their country after all!, its walking distance to everything, lots of eating places at back and front of hotel, lots of tuk tuk's and taxis outside too,(200bhat up to top end of Patong) good little beach bar out the front over the road, burger and drink for 100bhat and great burgers they are too!. we stayed in May this year 3 couples and had grand delux rooms, but delux pool view room good, don't get the superior room if you go there, they are cheaper but have no balcony or view of anything much, we used the gym and it was good, have a good time when you go wherever you decide to stay :)

geelong
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with a gym in Phuket

banthai has a good gym and is very central

Melbourne
Level Contributor
921 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel with a gym in Phuket

What type of gym are you looking for, most hotel gyms are more cardio set ups than weights ,

If you are after more weight lifting , like my self , you are better off booking a nice hotel walking distance to Patong Gym.it is very cheap. That is what I do.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel with a gym in Phuket

Consider Duangjitt. Not huge but nicely fitted out gym, mostly machines from what I recall, and all looked new and hardly used. A big plus is the lovely view of their spa grounds out of the window. Stay in the Family Suite there, or a regular suite or honeymoon suite. Biggest pool in Patong, short walk to Patong Beach and Otop markets. If you stay in one of the better rooms, it is far nicer than Gracelands. Gracelands pool looks like a puddle in comparison to the biggest at Duangjitt, I kid you not ! (well... maybe not a puddle). Gracelands' big advantage is the beach is right across the road, and it's a nice stretch of Patong beach there, but it's a far longer walk into the heart of Patong. Still, if you're looking at gyms, maybe the walk is a bonus ? If your budget stretches far enough, stay at the end rooms right at the beach end of Gracelands. If you think Duangjitt may better suit, PM me for room number info.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel with a gym in Phuket

hi LG, it really all depends on what your priorities are? 4 or 5 *, the gym, beach, pools, in quiet area but close enough to walk to shops? or a romantic spot for a couple as you state in your other post? Gracelands may serve all that but in a grand delux seaview or mini suite(even the graceland suite if you can afford it) its right on the front, and 2 pools, one sky pool with great views of ocean and sunset, and 2 jacuzzies, beach is opposit but there is a road between hotel and beach! But as stated by wildo, Duangjitt is also good, but both are big resorts and although have everything else probably not the romantic choice, so maybe for that Amari coral, La Flora, or Impiana all right on beach, and middle of everything, but don't know about their gym facilities, if you didn't want to walk to shops and can get the hotel shuttle or taxi i would recommend Merlin Beach Resort 5 min Patong, 3 big pools, good gym ,small private beach, pool access rooms are great and very relaxing, but can't walk to any shops have to get taxi or tuk-tuk anyway good luck hope you find your perfect place :)

Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
548 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel with a gym in Phuket

A wee bit surprised that no-one has mentioned 'the gym' at The Yorkshire Hotel and Inn in Patong. Now, it is really something! I just got tired watching it all from the poolside.

It is very central, in Soi Sansabai near Jungceylon. A lot of locals go there which is maybe why it is kept 'secret'. Check their website.

This is just one of the places covered in a tip sheet that a friend and I have put together over the 15 years or so we have been visiting Patong.

It suggests places to go, places to eat and, of course, places to shop as well as information on things like drinking water, currency exchange and so on! Something to carry with you and totally non-commercial.

If you would like a copy, just email me: rfdunedin@ymail.com.

Enjoy your holiday!

Edited: 06 December 2009, 06:12