We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendation of Tailor - Patong

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendation of Tailor - Patong

Can anyone recommend a tailor in Patong for women's suits (skirts/jackets) - reasonable price (cheaper than Sydney prices)

gold coast
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendation of Tailor - Patong

my experiance is save time money and buy at home as they are all tared with the same brush. verey good con agents on top off that ypu may be hit exsesse bagage think twice about it kobrob.........

Hornbaek, Denmark
Level Contributor
125 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendation of Tailor - Patong

Or try Robinson in Jongceylon or Central near Phuket town, It is fare better quality and I am sure they can beat Sydney prices.

Happy shopping!

New South Wales...
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendation of Tailor - Patong

This will be my fourth trip to Thailand and never had anything made ... always too busy relaxing by the pool, reading my book and having a mai tai - yum !! I definately don't want to be ripped off.

4. Re: Recommendation of Tailor - Patong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2010, 13:50
New South Wales...
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendation of Tailor - Patong

I am so sorry to hear about your friends misfortune. Nothing worse than feeling ripped off or having a poor experience when you are on holidays.

My plans have changed now and not heading to Thailand this year due to other commitments (not happy) so hanging out for April 2011 which seems ages away :(

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,654 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendation of Tailor - Patong

We have had many things made by Manit at Instyle fashions both mens and ladies clothes. I have also had ladies shirts and trousers copied.

His prices are really good and quality fantastic. He is not at all pushy and is very professional.

I would recommend that if you have favourite clothing items take them up for him to copy and also take some fabric from Sydney. His fabric is of good quality but not a huge range for ladies clothes.

See the great reviews from other members on this site below and also check out his website as he has the fabrics there.

It certainly is worth doing.

If you go to him tell him you want the same quality of fabric as Pam & Steve from Perth, WA. Our shirts have washed and washed and still look great now being 2 years old.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g297930-d1…

Perth
Level Contributor
184 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommendation of Tailor - Patong

I have also used Manit at Instyle Fashions and have found him good. I have used Magnifique for ladies's suits and while they are not the cheapest, the workmanship is greeat. Richard from Dunedin also recommends Silhouette but they are a little way out from Patong Beach now.

8. Re: Recommendation of Tailor - Patong

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2010, 07:17