We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel ibis patong beach april 2010

cumbria
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
hotel ibis patong beach april 2010

hi has any one stopped at the hotel, looking to stop in family room,and what the swiming pool like, its a short walk to it from town but it looks nice ,and price good for 15 nights thank you ,

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel ibis patong beach april 2010

hi bart

havn't stayed there but know it as we stayed in Graceland Resort which is just in front of it a bit, it looks ok but some of the rooms face out onto the street with no view at all so make sure you get a pool facing room, also its 10 min walk to main part of town but there are resurants, bars, tour desks and shops on the way so you dont really notice the walk much, about 500 mt to beach, lots of taxis and tuk tuks outside we paid 150bhat up to jungceylon

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,926 posts
417 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel ibis patong beach april 2010

The hotel is in a great location with everything you need minutes away. There are always bus loads of people coming and going, it seems to be very popular with Korean tour groups.

I have only been in their standard room and it would have to be the smallest hotel room I have ever seen, it looks bigger on their website but its very tiny. The balconys are also tiny and can only fit one chair.

I dont know about their family rooms as when I went to look at rooms for someone else they told me all the rooms were the same! (maybe just different bedding)

Cathy

Luang Prabang, Laos
Destination Expert
for Luang Prabang
Level Contributor
463 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel ibis patong beach april 2010

The standard rooms are very tiny and have a useless balcony (too small).

it is cheap and is heavily patronised by Koreans, Chinese etc. There is an excellent bar directly opposite (Lengends Bar) which had great food and cold drinks. About 15 minute walk from Bangla Rd. For a family I would be looking for more space.

cumbria
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel ibis patong beach april 2010

hi thank you all for info on the ibis hotel patong,we booked 15 nights april 2010 looks as hotel very clean and if room small we be ok , pool looks small but we handle it ,we paid £680 double and a single bed + breakfast we have a good time when we get there , sorry if any one has info on a island with monkeys on little girl wants to go ,

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel ibis patong beach april 2010

thats good, have a good holiday :)

the tour you are looking for woul be the Phi Phi island tour and to include monkey island or if you go to Phuket zoo they have monkey shows on and you can get your photo with the big tiger and baby tiger, alos photo with baby elephant, alos the 4 in 1 safari tour , inc elephant ride, monkey show, buffalo cart ride you can book tours when you get there, just outside of Ibis is a tour desk very good prices

Perth
Level Contributor
184 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel ibis patong beach april 2010

Hi Bart

I stayed there for a week last July and thought it was great. I thought my room was 'standard' but it didn't seem that small. You could have easily fitted a rollaway in there together with the double bed,The balconies are quite small but my room overlooked the pool (as opposed to the road) so I would suggest asking for a pool facing room when you check in. The pool area was lovely. It was new and cheap and that's what appealed to me. I have booked to go back for a week in April because I enjoyed it so much. The reastaurant also has nice meals although there are lots of places close by as well.

7. Re: hotel ibis patong beach april 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2010, 05:17