We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get from Indigo Pearl to Dentist in Patong???

Sunshine coast
Level Contributor
114 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get from Indigo Pearl to Dentist in Patong???

Well I have just booked the Indigo Pearl in March and have to be in Patong by 10am on our first day, I have done some research but cant find enough recent info, Is it easy to get back to Nai yang once in Patong? and if so how much are we looking at? Should we hire a car? and if we hire a car is there anywhere to park near the juncylon centre?

Am a little worried I messed up and booked too far away for all these dental appointments, hopefully the resort and beach will make up for the travel hassles!

Any info greatly appreciated : )

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
920 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get from Indigo Pearl to Dentist in Patong???

If I were you, i would use the metered taxis on the right after walking outside upon your arrival in Phuket airport.

Then, get the taxi drivers phone no. to use him the next day for your appointment.

If you hire a car, driving can be tough, especially in Patong and around Jung Ceylon.

If you need a driver, PM me for a phone no. of one that i sometimes use who is reliable and uses the standard pricing.

It's such a shame that Phuket doesn't have any more reliable transportation options. It could help this island in so many ways.

Sunshine coast
Level Contributor
114 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get from Indigo Pearl to Dentist in Patong???

Thanks so much for that will PM u soon. I know, the transportation system (or lack of) in Phuket is diabolical : (

Any idea on prices for taxis from nai yang to patong and back?

London
Level Contributor
173 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get from Indigo Pearl to Dentist in Patong???

Hello there

I am also staying at the Indigo Pearl in March and will be going somewhere near Patong for some dental work - but was thinking it would be dead easy to find a tuk tuk or a taxi outside of the hotel that would take us there ....after reading your posts, I'm started to worry!

May I ask you what dentist you chose and how? I'm still at the stages of selecting one...obviously not too far out but thought Patong was a reasonable option as Phuket city is right in the south of the island, am I correct?

any advice would be much appreciated :-))

Sunshine coast
Level Contributor
114 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get from Indigo Pearl to Dentist in Patong???

Hi Diving, we will be there in march too from 5-9th, we will be heading into town on the 6th for our appointment at the Sea Smile Dental clinic in patong, I went there last may and found them great, actually better than any dentist i have encountered here in OZ, so I feel confidant in our next time there. I was told no tuk tuks in nai yang, but do have a number from the previous post for a driver, but i also have an idea of telling the taxi driver who gives us a lift to the hotel the night b4 to pick us up in the morning.

love to travel
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get from Indigo Pearl to Dentist in Patong???

Hi

I'm staying at Patong beach and have booked in with a dentist in Phuket Pearl Phuket dental center who are coming to pick me up from my hotel and there prices appear to be reasonable

Hope this helps

email adress

phuketdentalpractise.com

Edited: 03 February 2010, 08:48
love to travel
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to get from Indigo Pearl to Dentist in Patong???

Whoops I forgot the Ws

www.phuketdentalpractise.com

:-)

Tried it again and its goes into cyberspace but if you use it without the Ws it takes you to the website

:-))

Edited: 03 February 2010, 08:55
Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,851 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way to get from Indigo Pearl to Dentist in Patong???

Hi bubbly, if you do hire a car, there is parking under Jungceylon. Its free if you have a receipt for a purchase over 100Bt. It is a very big complex, so no parking hassles there.

Sunshine coast
Level Contributor
114 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best way to get from Indigo Pearl to Dentist in Patong???

cheers for that brio , I think u just answered my question, we will hire a car : ) I know phuket a bit so if I know there is somewhere safe to park a car I am happy!

9. Re: Best way to get from Indigo Pearl to Dentist in Patong???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2010, 08:17