We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day trip to Phi Phi Island for 9 ppl

Singapore
Level Contributor
55 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
One day trip to Phi Phi Island for 9 ppl

My colleagues and I are going to Phuket in Mar10. We intend to join the one day tour to Phi Phi island. We have 8 adult and 1 chiId. Is it better to book online? or book it when we reach Phuket?

Thanks for your suggestion.

Simba Sea Trips
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Speed Boats Tours
Chai travel and Day Tour in Phuket
Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Phuket Best Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Speed Boats Tours
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day trip to Phi Phi Island for 9 ppl

I would say it is better to book directly with the company, or a reputable agent who is here and not an agent in a little booth on the street.

There are many recommendations on this forum if you do a search.

Simba seems popular for speedboats, and other mentioned although I am not sure who. Our customers at the hotel I work at have been happy with Simba.

however I always recommend LA Moet as this is the one I have done and think it is a nice alternative to a speedboat.

here are the details as the website is in Swedish (but they speak English).

However I must mention that they cater to primarily Scandinavian tourist and use only the Scandinavian agents to promote the trip. So you won’t find brochures at any of the kiosk anywhere.

It is a large 30 meter wooden authentic Thai converted fishing boat, very nicely done caters to families.

Lots of lounge area inside and outside and there are lots of cushions for laying about... It is cozy and relaxing with plenty of space. There are 2 bathrooms, a changing room with lockers, lots of cushions inside with low tables and lounge chairs outside.

They also provide snorkel instruction and a snorkel guide, one that actually goes in the water with you, great for first time snorkelers. Of course equipment, including fins and life jackets are provided. ..

They do trips to Phi Phi, Krabi, Racha and just around Phuket and even have a family day trip with kids.

I think they server breakfast and lunch but I am not positive.

Go to La Moet. The website is in Swedish but you can search around and find some photos. http://www.lamoet.com

email info@lamoet.com (English is fine)

If there are non-Scandinavian tourist the tour guide will speak English too.

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
753 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day trip to Phi Phi Island for 9 ppl

Hi Beaniee we went with Simba less than a week ago but didn't do their Phi Phi trip, we did Phang Nga Bay and would have then booked for Phi Phi but they were fully booked. They really are a great company, the boat seats 20 odd but they try to keep numbers low to give everyone some space. We had our party of 8 and another couple on the boat and was a FANTASTIC day. Very relaxed and Simba really go out of their way to make it an enjoyable day for all, we had 4 kids with us. It may be a little more expensive (I'm not sure to be honest) but well worth it.

Just email Simba at simbaseatrips@gmail.com and get a quote for the dates you want. They email back very quickly and as they don't run that trip every day I'd get in early if you are interested. I can highly recommend Geoff and the crew.

Cheers Leanne

3. Re: One day trip to Phi Phi Island for 9 ppl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2010, 07:17