We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phuket for a week

Guernsey
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Phuket for a week

Hi All.

I am travelling to Phuket for a week in April and was just looking for some advice of where to stay. I have been to Phuket before and stayed in Patong, however on my second visit would like to try somewhere different. I did enjoy the nightlife of Patong but would rather have a nicer beach. I woukd also like to stay in Mid range accomodation and am quite keen on the idea of bungalows! Is there any where else on Phuket that offers a nice beach, places to eat out and some reasonable accomodation.

Thanks in advance.

Katy

Guernsey
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phuket for a week

Any tips greatly appreciated!!!

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Phuket for a week

Hi,

Try Karon or Kata. They're quieter than Patong but have much nicer beaches and both are still within easy reach of Patong if you want to head back to the nightlife. As for beaches, Kata Noi is my favourite.

Regards

Bangkok
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Phuket for a week

Well, if you have been to Patong before then you should probably try to stay somewhere more secluded. It would be ideal to visit a quiet beach like Natai Beach if you're traveling with your partner.

I would recommend Aleenta resort. My stay has been very pleasant there.

See http://www.aleenta.com for photos of the place

It is just cross the Sarasin bridge to Phang nga, 20 minutes drive from Phuket airport.

Staying somewhere around nai harn beach in Phuket is also a nice.

N. Ireland
Level Contributor
986 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phuket for a week

Hi Bunny

Have a look at Boomerang village in Kata which have the most stunning cottages and Kata beach is lovely. Also in Kata there are a great range of restaurants/bars and shopping and you are also very close to Karon to explore there too. Boomerang Village also has the benefit of reasonable prices and fantastic reviews.

Hope this helps.

Joan

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,949 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phuket for a week

Since you are keen on bungalows - there are quite a few options along Koktanod road opposite the southern end of Kata Beach. Most of them do not have websites nor internet facilities since they rely on daily basis walk in customers. Amongst these listed below some of the bungalow establishments can be contacted:

Kata Rock Inn

Da Bungalows

Coolbreeze bunalows - coolbreezebungalows@yahoo.com (contact name: John)

Coastline bungalows

The Two Chefs - www.twochefs-phuket.com/en/bungalows.aspx

Another value for money option is Tony and Eak Guesthouse - www.kataguesthouse.com

Also there are plenty of excellent restaurants/pubs, some good shopping etc within walking distance to this area.

Hope this helps.

Chantal.

Guernsey
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Phuket for a week

Thank you everyone, thats great advice, do any of the places suggested have any of their own nightlife or is all based around Patong. i am travelling with my partner so all we really want is a a few places to eat and drink, somewhere nice to stay and a nice beach. Is Patong very far from these places, are we talking tuk tuks or walking distance?

Thanks in advance.

Katy

RB2
Perth WA
Level Contributor
648 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Phuket for a week

I would suggest Kata Beach but if you want to have the nightlife in Patong it will cost you a fortune in tuktuk fares so best to suss out what is on offer in Kata or Karon.

Sorry but I am not up to speed on what Kata & Karon has to offer as far as nightlife and dining goes.....Ronnie.

South Africa
Level Contributor
60 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Phuket for a week

The Kata villa hotel in Karon is great for the money! 1200baht for aircon ensuite room , 20metres from the beach, pool, great restaurant. Borders Kata so both Karon and Kata easy walking distance. Opposite nice beach for both swimming and snorkelling.

9. Re: Phuket for a week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2010, 05:19