We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phuket vacation on July 2010

BSB
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Phuket vacation on July 2010

i will be going to Phuket this july2010 with my boyfriend.But still have no idea where to stay.We will be there for 4 days and 3 nights.We decided to stay at beach resort for one night for relaxation and go for budget hotels for two nights which is near to the budget shopping area.Preferably Phuket towns.So we still not sure what resort or hotels to choose and which hotel is best to stay.

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
895 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phuket vacation on July 2010

By Phuket "towns" do you mean "Phuket town"?

If so, On On is one of the cheapest and right in the middle of "old town" which is your best shopping in Phuket town IMO.

There are many others.

Specifying your budget (and maybe your age) would help as some of these more run down places attract a much younger crowd who enjoy the comardarie of the "Lonely Planet" crowd.

If you mean other Phuket towns, Patong of course is the next biggest and by far has the most tourists. There are cheap places there also but shopping prices aren't as low perhaps.

A little more info about your life-style and what you are shopping for might help.

BSB
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Phuket vacation on July 2010

we just turned 22 =) and tour plans for 3 days in phuket might be as follow:-

1st day-.

stay in Phuket town,would Thavorn Grand Plaza Hotel be a good choice for a budget hotel? Because im looking for hotels that is near to open markets or shopping complex that can do bargains.Cheap chlothes,bags etc..

2nd Day-

Might be staying at Patong Area.But still have no idea where to stay.We would also like the hotels to be near the shops that can do bargain but also a very romantic place to stay.My Budget would be around than $150-200 (singapore dollars).Can you recommend any beach resort that fulfill my above descriptions?

3rd Day-

Will be going to the phi-phi islands by speedboat,so will be back around 5pm.Do you have any idea what other activities besides shopping that we can do??

4th day

Morning will be going back home..

Thank you..

3. Re: Phuket vacation on July 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2010, 05:18