We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any recent experiences with Tailors?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
765 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Any recent experiences with Tailors?

Hi

Does anyone have any recent experiences, positive or otherwise, with any tailors in Phuket, or Karon more specifically. We are heading off in a few days, and visiting a tailor is not something I have seriously considered doing on the trip. On our previous trip, I actually made a point of avoiding them. As such, I do not know where to start, or even if it's worth the hassle while on holidays. I would be looking to pick up a few casual shirts and pairs of pants for myself. Any feedback or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Andy

melbourne
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Any recent experiences with Tailors?

Not sure about Karon but I have used one in Patong every trip for the past years. I chose it because I wasnt hasled every day when I walked past. Basicaly walk in, get measured, choose your fabric and style and then barter a price from there. Usually takes a few days to get made with a fitting during that time and when you pick it up.

Queensland
Level Contributor
483 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any recent experiences with Tailors?

Hi - we have been to Karon two years in a row and both times have used the same taylor. I have had some lovely dress shirts and blouses made and have not been disappointed. The taylor we use is right next door to the Bar with No Name. The name of the taylor is Mr John - Giordano Fashion 540 Patak Rd. They are also very good for bartering for tshirts, sarongs, etc. We bought bulk (over 10 tshirts - Ed Hardy; 8 sarongs, etc) and got very good prices - we searched the markets, etc prior and couldn't get the same price as offered by Mr John. If you do call in to see them - tell them Sharon and Mick from Australia said hello.

Enjoy Karon - it's fabulous.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any recent experiences with Tailors?

Hi Andy

We have had many things made by Manit at Instyle fashions both mens and ladies clothes. I have also had ladies shirts and trousers copied. He has two shops one at Patong and one in Kata, just next door to Karon.

His prices are really good and quality fantastic. He is not at all pushy and is very professional.

I would recommend that if you have favourite clothing items take them up for him to copy . His fabric is of good quality with my husband having a tailor made suit, work trousers, business shirts made and I had a womens work uniform jacket, trousers and shirts copied included the embroided emblem.

See the great reviews on his services from many other members on this site below and also check out his website as he has the fabrics there.

It certainly is worth doing.

If you go to him tell him you want the same quality of fabric as Pam & Steve from Perth, WA. Our shirts have washed and washed and still look great now being 2 years old. It was a cotton blend with lots of cotton which we wanted due to the warm Perth climate.

My husband even ordered more shirts via email last year and they arrived well packaged and perfect. I will be ordering more when I go up in April.

Be wary of cheap deals by other tailors as the fabric and workmanship can be very poor.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g297930-d1…

Cheers

Pam

Perth, WA

4. Re: Any recent experiences with Tailors?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2010, 05:19