We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outraged by extremely rude response by Simba Sea Trips

Singapore
9 posts
Save Topic
Outraged by extremely rude response by Simba Sea Trips

Yesterday I've sent an email to Simba Sea Trips -

Dear Simba Sea Trips,

We are a couple from XX and we are interested to book 2 of your tours, the Phi Phi Tour & Phang Nha Tour.

We will be arriving next week on XX, in the morning and will be departing on XX, morning and will be staying at XX.

I have approached another tour agent and he is offering these 2 tours at 1400 baht each.

I am contemplating between booking with you or them, so can I find out what are the differences with your tours versus the typical cattle-crowd tours out there in Phuket?

Can you also email me the available tour dates too?

Thank you very much.

Yours sincerely,

XX

This is their reply -

Hi XX,

Thanks for your email. What is the difference between us and much cheaper companies? Really if you have to ask this question maybe our tour is not for you. It's so obvious, less people, more thought put into the itinerary and personal service. You will, of course, not appreciate this unless you have done both types of tours.

Unfortunately we are fully booked until 28th March so have no places to offer you anyway. So try the 1,400 THB ones first and then maybe can back and try ours.

Kind regards,

Jenny

The Simba Team.

I work in the sales line and I know that such a response coupled with such an attitude is definitely out of line.

"Really if you have to ask this question maybe our tour is not for you."

"You will, of course, not appreciate this unless you have done both types of tours."

I am utterly shocked and appalled by Jenny's response, especially with regards to the above quotes.

I have also sent a similar email to Captain Mark about his sail tours asking similar questions, and was very politely responded with a full page worth of information.

Needless to say, I will not be engaging Simba Sea Trips ever.

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,567 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outraged by extremely rude response by Simba Sea Trips

Tours I have done have been far from "cattle crowd". Lots of room to walk around, and meet with others. Also crew keep you entertained.

1400Bt for a full day tour, incl meal, xfers etc is very reasonable. Are Simba better? I have no idea, I have never been on one, however they do have a good reputation, so i wouldn't judge them on a somewhat blunt email reply.

But as they say here...up to you.

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outraged by extremely rude response by Simba Sea Trips

I don't see it as rude, just straightforward.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,970 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outraged by extremely rude response by Simba Sea Trips

HI

Agree its matterfact and straighforward.

You were the ones that said you had a quote of 1400thb with the cattle crowd so inviting dialogue about the differences, which they have advised.

Pays your money and take your choice.

hong kong
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outraged by extremely rude response by Simba Sea Trips

simply a straightforwad reply

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
4,723 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Outraged by extremely rude response by Simba Sea Trips

HI

I am more likely to book a tour with simba now LOL

the thai's are more blunt and direct than Our water down PC correct western ads. and business's.

I would much rather get their response then some slick high gloss ad promising me the world then once you get there it is a bust..and fake.

You get what you pay for. if you want the cheapest price don't expect the best.

6. Re: Outraged by extremely rude response by Simba Sea Trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 15 March 2010, 07:44
Edinburgh
Level Contributor
704 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Outraged by extremely rude response by Simba Sea Trips

Were you looking for a discount, you get what you pay for! Simba are excellent value for money - as you found out they are booked out for March so that tells its own story. We found the trip so good we are taking the same trip this year and thankfully booked ages in advance. Geoff and Jenny are two of the friendlies people I have met and I think their answer is just straightforward.

Enjoy your holiday.

hong kong
Level Contributor
78 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Outraged by extremely rude response by Simba Sea Trips

I have to agree with wanderlust. Having met Jenny and Goeff in my last trip, i can say they are some of the nicest people i've met and very professional at what they do. In fact i've booked them again for april.

9. Re: Outraged by extremely rude response by Simba Sea Trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 March 2010, 15:58
Singapore
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Outraged by extremely rude response by Simba Sea Trips

Imagion,

Just to clarify, I did not ask for the price or a discount in my email at all, and I am well aware of their prices.

Also, may I find out why do you think my email was rude?