We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laguna Beach Resort vs Katathani Beach Resort vs Indigo Pear

Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Laguna Beach Resort vs Katathani Beach Resort vs Indigo Pear

Hello,

Which of these three hotels is more convenient to spend a holiday with a child in. We are looking for entertainment, half day trips, nice pools and beach, restaurants, shops.

Where is better to change money, in hotel or on the airport?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
419 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laguna Beach Resort vs Katathani Beach Resort vs Indigo Pear

We've stayed at Katathani and Indigo Pearl but without children.

We liked them both but prefer Indigo for many reasons. However, Nai Yang beach is quite away from Patong and where most tour operators will pick you up from. We arranged a driver for trips so no real worries. Indigo has great pools and a neat tin theme that may or may not be to your liking. Staff are excellent and the food ex. Outside beach cafes are terrific to eat at which is what we do. Great to eat at a table with your feet in sand!

Katathani is closer to Patong so depends if you've been to Phuket before as to whether you want to visit Patong or not. I preferred the eating options at Indigo to Katathani as the latter has restaurants behind the resort so no sea view. The beach at Kata Noi is beautiful though and the azure blue you see in postcards so much better than Indigo.

So I have probably confused you. PM me if you want extra details.

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laguna Beach Resort vs Katathani Beach Resort vs Indigo Pear

HI, I think it is better to change money at the banks and not at the hotel. Our rate is always lower then the banks,.. it is no secret.

I think you really have to determine which area you want to stay in.

Katathani is just over the hill from Kata (15 min walk) (1 min by car) and there is everything.. shopping, banks, restaurants, bars, coffees shops, cheap on the beach places to eat, beauty salons, yoga, pharmacies, dive shops etc.. Except for a big shopping mall there is nothing in Patong that Kata does not have.

Also I have just been informed that Katathaini also has a shuttle to Patong but best to ask them about the details.

The pools at Katathani are very very nice and right on the beach. Katathani is completely beach front and takes up nearly all of Kata Noi. In my opionio Kata Noi is one of the best, nicest beaches in Phuket.

However i have no seen the beaches at Laguna nor Indigo Pearl. If you want a gorgeous location without being to isolated yet not in the thick of things then I the I would say Katathani.

and yes I am partial to Kata Noi :) having lived in Kata for 8 years,.

melbourne
Level Contributor
463 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Laguna Beach Resort vs Katathani Beach Resort vs Indigo Pear

Never change your money at the hotel. There are many money changers on the street. These are bank outlets and reliable. The official bank moneychangers at the airport can give practically the same rate, just check what the going rate is before you leave. You will have no trouble changing money, so don't worry. There are ATM's everywhere as well (including the airport) though there is a 150 baht fee for these.

As for where with a child, I think Katathani will be the most convenient, being about 20-25 minutes out of Patong. But seeing as you will have to take transport to go anywhere anyway, I'd stay at Laguna Beach resort. It is further out from Patong (about 40 minutes ?), but as long as you are prepared for the extra time and the expense, it should be no problem. If only Katathani was located where the Kata Beach Resort is, it would be a no-brainer !

I don't normally recommend Karon, but I get the feeling it would suit you. Perhaps somewhere like the Movenpick or the Hilton ? Or even a cabana room at Centara. And there's always Le Meridien.

Edited: 17 March 2010, 10:21
Ljubljana, Slovenia
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Laguna Beach Resort vs Katathani Beach Resort vs Indigo Pear

Thanks for your posts.

It will be difficult decision to choose the right one.

That's will be our first tip to Phuket and we intend to see Patong and Phuket Town, because of that we will probably choose Katathani or Laguna.

Any other comments are welcome.

5. Re: Laguna Beach Resort vs Katathani Beach Resort vs Indigo Pear

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2010, 06:16