We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Deevana Patong Resort & Spa" Vs "Thavorn Beach Village & S

London, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Topic
"Deevana Patong Resort & Spa" Vs "Thavorn Beach Village & S

Hello TA mates,

It seems I cannot find my thread :(

subject "4-5star hotel/resort + personal Jacuzzi + better deal in Jun "

Anyways...here we go.

"Deevana Patong Resort & Spa" and "Thavorn Beach Village & Spa" seems to be cheap as well.

Have you guys stayed at "Spa Wing delux or suit" in "Deevana Patong Resort & Spa" OR "Ocean View Villa" in "Thavorn Beach Village & Spa"

Please share your experience, I am trying to get as much info as I can as this is my 1st honeymoon and we both don't want to mess it by bad service from hotel.

Adelaide Sa
Level Contributor
55 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Deevana Patong Resort & Spa" Vs "Thavorn Beach Village & S

Hi there, we stayed at the Devana in a jacuzzi room last year in october the rooms were clean and the staff were very friendly,the breakfast was also good and plenty of choices as is the norm.The jacuzzi's are not heated at all and in my opinon they were quite cold as compared to the pool.The hotel itself is in a good location close enough to be amongst it all within a ten minute walk and far enough away to be secluded,ish.overall enjoyed our stay there and would stay there again,hope this helps enjoy your honeymoon.Ps the banana pancake cart is outside the hotel between 8pm and 11 pm make sure you indulge you wont be sorry, also plenty of places to eat nearby including the forum famous Nikkis handlebar.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
213 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Deevana Patong Resort & Spa" Vs "Thavorn Beach Village & S

Ive stayed at the Deevana twice and love the place great value for money. The Deevana has lovely grounds and a great breakfast.

The Thavorn looks nice on website but it also looks to be a bit far away from the main part of Patong, not exactly walking distance.

The Deevana is about a 10 to 15 minute walk to the busy part of Patong. I personally wouldnt stay in a hotel that was any further north or you would have to rely on Tuk Tuks which can add up.

Hope this helps Carmen

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Deevana Patong Resort & Spa" Vs "Thavorn Beach Village & S

We have also stayed at the Deevana deluxe spa room and would choose this place for location over your other choice if you want to within walking distance to many restaurants etc. The private spa is not bad after a day/night out and is behid a small hedged area. If you prefer a more intimate hotel as a couple on their honeymoon then if might not be what you are looking for. Thavorn is a lot further away from the main area of Patong and would require wheeled transport to get to othre restaurants etc. Are these the only two you can choose from? Lee

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Deevana Patong Resort & Spa" Vs "Thavorn Beach Village & S

Oops forgot to add link to some photos. Lee

picasaweb.google.com/leebee88/DeevanaHotel#

5. Re: "Deevana Patong Resort & Spa" Vs "Thavorn Beach Village & S

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2010, 06:17