We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommended Cocktails...

Level Contributor
112 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Recommended Cocktails...

Hello....me again....;-)

I usually drink wine and Mr. Milly usually drinks beer - I'm picking up a sense that wine is expensive in Patong therefore, I thought I'd try a cocktail or 4.... which is your favourite? (whats in it?)

Mil xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ko Chang, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommended Cocktails...

Mai Tai

:-) most probably you'll get a completely different drink :-(

Edited: 25 March 2010, 15:42
Level Contributor
483 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommended Cocktails...

Try the Long Island Ice Teas at the Bar with No Name in Karon. They are delicious but lethal.....

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommended Cocktails...

Sooo many to chose from... hmmm I would possibly have to go with the Bananarama from the Banthai .. tho you will find them around with different names in differents places...

Fresh Banana, Milk, Kahlua, Baileys, Banana Liquor, and ice..

like a banana smootie with a kick!

We like to try different ones.. just ask the bartender what is in them and you will start to get an idea of what you like...

For an afternoon cocktail I liked something more fruity.. like a daquari maybe... have fun finding your favourite!

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,256 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommended Cocktails...

B52 or Mojito,

N. Ireland
Level Contributor
990 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommended Cocktails...

Hi Milly

I am normally a wine drinker but the thai stuff is gross and the imported is expensive although if you crave there is a wine and cheese restaurant in the Jungcelyon Centre. I had a couple of very well made and strong!! mojitos at Coyote on the beach rd. Also there is a great little mexican rstaurant opposite the Mercure hotel called the BBQ Hut which not only does great food but pitchers of good Margaritas at 499THB. I am not a fan of sweet coctails so stick to the south american tequila types or a long Island Iced Tea and a Mai Tai if it is made with fresh juices and not the sickly bottled variety. The odd bottle of ice cold Singha isn1t bad either.

Don`t forget to pick up the tourist packs at Phuket Aiport as they include lots of vouchers for 10% off in lots of places and if you are going to have two or three drinks and a meal this is a good discount. There is always one for Coyote. We also brought a couple of litres of a Brazilian rum type spirit callled Sagatiba for making Caipirhanas and other great mixes which I had while applying adornment to my already beautiful physique!! lol before going out in the evening. We had never had this before and it was lovely and only 11.99 a litre.

I have booked tickets for this Xmas and am looking forward to picking up tips for new places and things to try so don`t forget to take plenty of notes.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,037 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommended Cocktails...

I'm taking notes as I did not have one decent cocktail in Phuket. They were all weak and watery and very disappointing. But the beer was great, as were the ice smoothies. I reckon they are the way to go. Just add vodka.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommended Cocktails...

gotta say i am partial to a Black Russian

though id recommend trying all of them :)

Level Contributor
112 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommended Cocktails...

Joan - I will make notes - get ready for a long old read when I get back...thanks for the tips - I've written things down!

Thanks everyone! Cocktails have to be the way forward for me - I love G and T too...

Mil xxxxxxxxxxxx

ps- just told Mr. Milly I now need a cocktail dress.. ; - O

Level Contributor
9,919 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommended Cocktails...

Mango Passion!

Level Contributor
139 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommended Cocktails...

Definitely go the Mai Tais. But, in all honesty, it's so affordable to drink cocktails, you can go through all of them to find your most favourite.

If there's one you don't like, well then it's only set you back a few dollars.

Bottoms up!

Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor