We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Difference - Cptn Mark Phuket Sail Tours & JC tours Phang Ng

Western Australia
Level Contributor
98 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Difference - Cptn Mark Phuket Sail Tours & JC tours Phang Ng

just wanted to know the difference between a high quality tour like captain marks phuket sail tours and something like jc tours or other large companies.

I am interested in ones that do the cave tours. I would love to do captain marks tour but a bit on the expensive side atm as already doing expensive tour to phi phi.

Also wanted to know if there are toilets on board?

Thanks.

bristol
Level Contributor
400 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Difference - Cptn Mark Phuket Sail Tours & JC tours Phang Ng

captain mark great trip caves/hongs phang ng boat had less people on, quality food slightly more expensive but worth it we sailed back which was great

we also used jc to visit similan islands the boat was packed, over legal limit,dont think there would have been enough life jackets if needed we started up with one on each seat then they were collected up to make room we were on the the boat first but as it filled up we were asked to move separating me and hubbie i refused politely explaining it wasnt my fault they overbooked trip exceeding max numbers they were soon quiet

saying that we had a good day out similan islands beautiful

can also recommend simba we went to phi phi & krabi but they also do phang ng also small numbers on boat quality trips

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,426 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Difference - Cptn Mark Phuket Sail Tours & JC tours Phang Ng

Hi

If you want to be away from the crowds on a lovely sail boat with 7 or 8 others, have a beautiful lunch made from freshly caught food, and a general person touch. They pick Captain Mark and Phuket Sail tours.

If you want to be one in the big crowded boat then pick JC tours.

Toilets on board all boats.

sydney
Level Contributor
213 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Difference - Cptn Mark Phuket Sail Tours & JC tours Phang Ng

We have booked through JC Tours before and the group we went out to PhiPhi with was not the JC Tours people.

It seems as if some companies share the bookings to make sure they have a full load everytime.

I have not use phuket sail tours yet so cannot comment.

Have a good time.

:)

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Difference - Cptn Mark Phuket Sail Tours & JC tours Phang Ng

Hi

same thing as getting a driver for the day, you get what you pay for, you are on holiday enjoy it, dont count $ too much,(or bhat's) its worth the extra to have a safe and pleasant day tour,(whats the price difference about 1500bhat? its only $50) go with phuket sail tours and have agreat day out :)

Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,799 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Difference - Cptn Mark Phuket Sail Tours & JC tours Phang Ng

It may cost slightly more to go on a quality tour like Captain Mark but it is worth every cent.. the day is more personalised and special! I also recommend John Gray Hong By Starlight tour... more people that on Capt Mark tour but GREAT day/night out!

Here are my experiences on both:

travelblog.org/Asia/…blog-393542.html

travelblog.org/Asia/…blog-114387.html

Reet

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Difference - Cptn Mark Phuket Sail Tours & JC tours Phang Ng

Hi Roses,

We have sailed twice now with Mark and it feels like we have known him all our lives. Both times we have done the hongs tour and we never went into the same hong twice, Mark will move onto another hong if there are tourists there as the experience is always better with less people.

As far as value for money goes sailing with Captain Mark is cheap for what you get and its a very well run day, all you have to do is wait outside your hotel till you are collected, do the trip and you are returned back to your hotel in the early evening, all your food and soft drinks are included in the price.

I can't speak of JC tours as i know nothing about them other than they use speed boats and Mark uses sailing boats.

See mine and many other reviews on sailing with Mark.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293920-d661…

Do a search here, top left hand corner for more info on JC tours

Cheers, Pete.

Western Australia
Level Contributor
98 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Difference - Cptn Mark Phuket Sail Tours & JC tours Phang Ng

I understand that Captain Mark is great and have read many reviews of his tours, as well as reviews of JC tours. What I really wanted to know is for a cheaper price is it really that bad or can I get away with it?

I have already gone to the extra expense for a phi phi tour with simba and a cookery course so I was thinking maybe hubbie and I could do something cheaper with this one as there are many other expenses for our trip.

I am particularly interested in safety and if large numbers is really a big problem.

8. Re: Difference - Cptn Mark Phuket Sail Tours & JC tours Phang Ng

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2010, 06:19