We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adults only hotels.

London, United...
Level Contributor
245 posts
180 reviews
Save Topic
Adults only hotels.

Are then any Adult only hotels in Phuket?

We recently stayed at one in Mexico & it was a revelation,being able to relax without screaming children really is something we would like to duplicate when we visit Phuket next year.

Many thanks

BWSW

cape town
Level Contributor
52 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Adults only hotels.

let me know when u have found one - i will def use it for my next trip!

cambridge
Level Contributor
112 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Adults only hotels.

We were told that the balconies at the Diamond Cliff do not meet the safety requirements for children - therefore was prob not a good choice for travellers with small kiddies.... its not classed as childfree though...

Mill xx

cambridge
Level Contributor
112 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Adults only hotels.

We booked it - as not travelling with our little ones this trip!!

yay

Milly xx

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Adults only hotels.

No such thing in Thailand with a very few exception; Thai think very highly of children and 99% of hotels are child friendly.

Edited: 04 April 2010, 12:27
London, United...
Level Contributor
245 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Adults only hotels.

Thanks for the replys.

Will take a look at the Diamond Cliff.

Looks as if there's a gap in the market?

BWSW

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Adults only hotels.

There are a couple of hotels in Pattaya that are not suitable for children (but not barred), plus some gay-orientated hotels around the country which are unlikely to get children as guests, apart from that there is very little demand. Domestic tourism is as big as foreign tourism, and due to family values here any hotel that barred children would not last long in business.

cambridge
Level Contributor
112 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Adults only hotels.

We normally holiday in Turkey - there - some of the nicer hotels have "childfree" weeks - obviously out of peak saeaon.... as a mother of 3 little ones - I think its a fabulous idea!

Mil x

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,162 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Adults only hotels.

no designated ones.. but I find the smaller boutique ones that do not have kids clubs ect generally dont have little kids.. familys travelling with little ones will usually go for a hotel that caters to their needs..

my last two trips have been without my own kids ( well had an 18yr old but she is past kid stage most days! ) and chose hotels that didnt have the kids clubs ect and only saw one bub in all.. but of course there is no guarantees..

enjoy

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Adults only hotels.

A great hotel for couples in my opinion is, or used to be the Baan Yin Dee Boutique resort. I had heard that it changed hands and was a gay hotel but someone correct me if I am wrong. The location and gorgeous style of rooms with private pools and layout would not be conducive to young children, well thats what I thought of the place, honeymoon central lol. The views are magnificent. That was a few years ago, search reviews and see if anyone has stayed lately. Sue

Phuket, Thailand
Level Contributor
492 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Adults only hotels.

Phuket Pavilions is an adults only resort. Five star, a bit pricey, but very very nice.