We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying Jetstar

Penrith
Level Contributor
56 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Flying Jetstar

Hi

Flying to Phuket with Jetstar from Sydney first time, can you help with a couple of questions.

# is their comfort pack worthwhile & how much.

# Food on Jetstar is it sufficient (i have read that you can bring your own) what do you think.

Harry

Australia
Level Contributor
101 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying Jetstar

We've flown Jetstar to Phuket (direct) from Sydney twice now and both times it has gone completely without incident. It's a budget carrier so it's not luxurious and we've always paid for the extra bells and whistles (food and entertainment). The food is exactly what you'd expect - it's not going to win any awards (why does a breakfast egg and bacon roll contain carrot?) - so if you want to bring on some extra bits I think so long as you consume it by landing it should be ok. I find the temperature a bit chilly so a light throw (I use a sarong) can come in handy. I doubt the comfort pack contains anything you can't provide yourself but I'd recommend the food and video options.

Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying Jetstar

Comfort pack is good for an overnight flight but during the day forget it...

Food - take yourself... I stock up at the airport on good food (places like Sumo Salad if you have that in Syd), some snacks.. will get you through...

From memory you could buy the entertainment pack seperate.. just request one as soon as the seatbelt sign goes off so you are first in line (have heard them running out)

Rarotonga, Cook...
Level Contributor
15 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying Jetstar

I agree with taking the food yourself. You get a bottle of water each waiting on your seat when you board. Buy more as you need them. Don't waste you money on the $30 pre-paid food option we didn't think it was worth it..... Take your own light jumper or a sarong to keep you warm, and I take a pair of socks too. And you can hire the entertainment unit, buy an adaptor for the headphones at a electronics shop and you can share the unit between 2 people no worries.

Wyong, Australia
Level Contributor
4,568 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying Jetstar

My comfort pack consists of a little red pill and a travel pillow. :)

inaspin

5. Re: Flying Jetstar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2010, 06:15