We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family resort??

waterwinnie
Level Contributor
126 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Family resort??

Hi there

After realising that Thailand would probably be cheaper than Fiji for a christmas holiday have decided we might opt for Phuket.

Looking for a nice, hotel, relatively modern or not too run down...in or around Phuket, with Kids Club and some nice restaurants, beach front or easy beach access.

Not interested in the Swedish Hotel in Bang Tao. (can't remember name?)....

Kids are 6, and 3.

Thanks for your help!!

Australia
Level Contributor
262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Family resort??

Hi, we're going with our 4 and 7 year old, we decided to stay at Horizon Karon resort, they have a kids club, beautiful pools and free shuttle to/from Patong. Not to mention great reviews. There are so many to choose from, good luck......it can almost drive you crazy trying find the "right" hotel!!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,973 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family resort??

we have booked the novotel patong. it is out of the bustle and the kids club has some organized activities and has free snacks and drinks for the kids. the beach is across the road and beautiful views across patong from the hotel.

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,591 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family resort??

The novotel is very steep I wouldn't take kids there. The Merlin beach resort is good.

Linda

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
746 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family resort??

We stayed at the Centara Karon in January. Our kids are a bit older but there were lots of younger kids all enjoying themselves. The lagoon pool is great for the little kids and adults

I'm sure they had a kids club but we didn't use it, nor did our friends whose kids are younger than ours. It was very relaxing and I think you'd enjoy it. It's such a confusing choice to make so good luck.

Message me if you want to know anything else.

Cheers

Camas, Washington
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family resort??

holiday inn on patong has kids suite

Melbourne
Level Contributor
283 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family resort??

Have just returned from Novotel Patong with our 2 kids (7 & 9). It was just FABULOUS!!! Stairs are NOT, repeat NOT an issue!!!

PM me if you want more details, or see my review!

Good Luck with the search!!

7. Re: Family resort??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2010, 06:27