We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent advice - Ayara Hilltops or Mom Tri's

Wolverhampton, UK
Level Contributor
275 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Urgent advice - Ayara Hilltops or Mom Tri's

I am looking for somewhere close enough to Patong to be able to get a tuk tuk there for a night if wanted, but somewhere with a nice beach and luxurious rooms. We are a two late 20's couple looking to relax but also do trips and nitelife if wanted.

I have narrowed it down to Mom Tris and Ayara Hilltops, both seem great. It would be great to be able to walk to restuarants and shops etc.... so thinking Tris in Kata??

Can anyone advise as I am going this week :)

Edited: 17 May 2010, 15:45
Mentioned in this post
Ayara Kamala Resort & Spa
476 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Kata Beach
Kata Beach
Phuket, Thailand
Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent advice - Ayara Hilltops or Mom Tri's

Mom Tri's out of those 2 for sure.

However, lots of top bargains now, if you want to be 'right on the beach' that does reduce the options but if you don't mind being like 'across the road' from the beach such as Karon opens up huge choices at good bargains.

As always comes down to how much you want to spend but there are some serious bargains :) !

Edited: 17 May 2010, 16:43
Mentioned in this post
Karon
Karon
Phuket, Thailand
Asia
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent advice - Ayara Hilltops or Mom Tri's

Ayara is Kamala and that is not going to be that interesting for late 20's this time of year, not knocking it but seems you want a balance of 'nice' but also easy to/from Patong.

Now that is easier from Karon and Kata, I am not keen at all on the road to Kamala at night from Patong.

I don't know what deal Mom Tri's are offering but I've seen stay 4 night pay 3 nights deal which works out about B 3,750 inc tax service breakfast so whatever being offered make sure it's that or cheaper.

Centara Villas north end of Karon sea view villas 3,150 per night for 1st 4 nights and then, after the first 4 nights at 3,150 per night for 2 persons pay B 1,180 for the subsequent nights all inc tax service breakfast

Not a place you can walk from but is a walkway down to the beach and if fine you can walk into Karon, but you need tuk-tuk back, but makes you that little closer to patong.

For 20' somethings good as very couples /romantic orientated, not family orientated

Woraburi along the beach road at Karon so across road from beach from around B 2,200 up to 3,100 for cabana Pool access rooms, treat on those is

stay 4, pay 3 or stay 7 pay 5, though on free nights there is a breakfast charge of B 800 a night

So for a Pool Access room 3,100 for each of 5 nights and then 800 a night for the next 2 nights.

Just gives you an idea to compare

Edited: 17 May 2010, 16:57
Mentioned in this post
476 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Centara Villas Phuket
Centara Villas Phuket
1,200 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Woraburi Phuket Resort & Spa
Woraburi Phuket Resort...
872 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Kamala
Kamala
Phuket, Thailand
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Karon
Karon
Phuket, Thailand
Kata Beach
Kata Beach
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket
Level Contributor
50 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent advice - Ayara Hilltops or Mom Tri's

Thanks Monica4 for your endorsement of Mom Tri's Boathouse! Stepping out of the Boathouse into the Kata street you'll find many shops (hand-made jewelry , restaurants, coffee shops and even a dive shop (Phuket Scuba Club) right opposite our entrance. Don't expect the same busy nightlife as in Patong but there are some beach bars (Ska Bar) a short walk along the beach from us or else the a bit 'raunchier' bunch of bars near Club Med about 10 minutes from the Boathouse.

I might be a bit biased as I'm working for the Boathouse but we do offer great value summer packages you can find on our website. For example a double room for 8 days/7nights for 40,000 Baht net which includes a.o. airport transfer by private limousine, American breakfast, 2 set dinners of fine Thai cuisine per Guest and 3 hours Thai traditional massage per Guest.

Have a look on our site and you can find all the details there. Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Lisa Sol

PR Manager Mom Tri's Boathouse

Mentioned in this post
The Boathouse Phuket
The Boathouse Phuket
895 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket Scuba Club
Phuket Scuba Club
332 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Ska Bar
Ska Bar
604 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Kata Beach
Kata Beach
Phuket, Thailand
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3,190 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Urgent advice - Ayara Hilltops or Mom Tri's

Which Mom Tris?

Boat house do not take the standard room if you want luxury.

Villa Royale all rooms beautiful - not high tech but luxurious.

We have stayed at all 3 and prefer the location of Kata but still stay at Surin most times we go to Phuket

Mentioned in this post
The Surin Phuket
The Surin Phuket
2,117 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Kata Beach
Kata Beach
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
5. Re: Urgent advice - Ayara Hilltops or Mom Tri's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2010, 05:16