We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what can we do for 2 weeks in Phuket in July?

Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
123 posts
92 reviews
Save Topic
what can we do for 2 weeks in Phuket in July?

My 18 year old daughter and Iare flying to Phuket in July. We are volunteering at the Elephant Nature Park in Chiang Mai for a week then coming back to Phuket for 5 days. They have declared a state of emergency in Chiang Mai at the mo so I'm wondering if we don't get to Ching Mai what are we going to do for the extra 8 days? We're not big shoppers or wanting to lie around a pool/beach for 2 weeks and I gather in July it's not really beach weather anyway. Any ideas anyone?

Bangalore, India
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: what can we do for 2 weeks in Phuket in July?

Hi Charlie,

There are lot one day tours, you can easily manage 8 days....

1.Phi Phi island tours

2.James bond island tours ( incl cave trip to white elephant...exciting)

3.There is one more island tour which has canoying, fishing village etc

4. Phuket fantasea show (only in the eve)

5. White water rafting tour (phang noh...not sure of this name)

6. Forest ride/ATV etc tour

These are the ones I had gone and there are lot of other options too. You can visit any tour booth in Patong and you will find them.

Cheers,

Parthi

Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
123 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what can we do for 2 weeks in Phuket in July?

Thanks for the tips. The lady from Captain Mark's sail tours said there is a high chance of cancellation for speed boat trips to Phi Phi in July so that one may be out but a couple of day trips on the bay would be good. Don't think we'd enjoy Fantasea because of the performing elephants. I had also thought of a cooking course for a day. We are visiting Karon and Patong. is there anywhere else worth spending a few days?

Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what can we do for 2 weeks in Phuket in July?

You should be fine at the ENP.. its a little out of Chiang Mai and you will be perfectly safe! Enjoy.. its an amazing experience..

Try do your cooking course in CM if you have spare time.. much cheaper than down south and some great schools like A Lot Of Thai!

What dates are you there? We are also travelling to both areas in July!

Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what can we do for 2 weeks in Phuket in July?

Oh and if you do it all in Phuket look into doing a 3 day tour of Khao Sok National Park through Kris at Limestone Lake Tours... GREAT tour!

Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
123 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what can we do for 2 weeks in Phuket in July?

We are at the ENP from 29/6 to 4/7 and have 1 night in Chiang mai before we start and then 2 at the end. Back in Phuket from 6/7 to 11/7.

The khao Sok national park tour sounds interesting. Have you done it? Is it camping? Still ok to do in wet season? Thanks for your idea.

Cheers Charliedoggy

Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what can we do for 2 weeks in Phuket in July?

Have a look at my photos blogs on it... Its staying in cabins called treehouses one night and on floating rafthouses another night...

travelblog.org/Asia/…blog-112328.html

AND

travelblog.org/Asia/…blog-391996.html

Kris' website is : www.limestonelaketours.com - I have found that her pricing is pretty good and you couldnt do it much cheaper.. the convenience of someone organising it is worth the extra money... and its all private tour...

Brisbane, Queensland
Level Contributor
123 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what can we do for 2 weeks in Phuket in July?

Had a look at your blog and i've also had a look at the website. Sounds absolutely perfect and definitely the sort of thing that we'd enjoy. If Chiang mai doesn't eventuate I'd love to do the 4 or 5 day trip. Thanks again for the good advice and hope we all have a great and uneventful trip.

Cheers

Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
377 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what can we do for 2 weeks in Phuket in July?

I loved Khao Sok National Park.

Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: what can we do for 2 weeks in Phuket in July?

It is definitely a GREAT alternative if ENP doesnt eventuate! Fingers crossed it all clears up by then for us all!

10. Re: what can we do for 2 weeks in Phuket in July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2010, 06:22