We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton Grande Laguna: Some questions....

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
161 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Sheraton Grande Laguna: Some questions....

Hi to all,

finally decided on Sheraton G.L instead of Le Meridien because it seems to fit my family's vacation style better (Lots of relaxing, very lazy days with some sightseeing and dining, limited shopping). Some questions:

1. How far is it from Patong?

2. What is the best way to get there (does the hotel offer a shuttle to anywhere?)?

3. Are there any facilities close to the hotel (such as supermarket, alternative dining locations and so on?)

4. Given that my wife gets seasick quite easily (truly easily) what is the best way to get to Phi Phi Islands?

5. Any hints and tips to make the vacation truly memorable?

Thanks

Andreas

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheraton Grande Laguna: Some questions....

I can answer some of your questions having stayed at the Sheraton last November. There is a supermarket right near the hotel, you just catch a free boat to it. Alternatively there is a free shuttle bus into the village where there are supermarkets and restaurants. It is about a 5 -10 minute ride I think. There are plenty of beach restaurants right near the Sheraton which are good, my favourite being the Lotus. The Lotus will pick you up and return you to the Sheraton free of charge, I always liked to tip the driver though. You can walk along the sand to it if you prefer. I think it is about a 20 minute drive to Patong, we only went once when we hired a car, other experts on here will correct me if I am wrong though as we didn't go straight there, we stopped off at Kamala and Surin,. We loved the Sheraton and it's peaceful location, it is beautiful. We did go to Phi Phi by speedboat and it was quite a bumpy ride, sorry I don't know how else you would get there.

2. Re: Sheraton Grande Laguna: Some questions....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2010, 06:42