We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the diffrence - MonTri's Boathouse or Kitchen???

australia
Level Contributor
335 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
What is the diffrence - MonTri's Boathouse or Kitchen???

Hi,

Just wondering what is the difference between the 2, and which 1 is recommended?

It's my bday, so wanting to go somewhere amazing for drinks & dinner, want awesome atmosphere, unreal food & drinks.

But not sure which 1 of these to go for?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
442 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the diffrence - MonTri's Boathouse or Kitchen???

Hey Again,

I've been wondering the same thing, glad you asked it!!!

Must be the time for B'days, mine too and hubby.

Spoz

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,367 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the diffrence - MonTri's Boathouse or Kitchen???

The Boathouse Wine and Grill is the restaurant at the Boathouse right on Kata beach.

Mom Tris Kitchen is at Villa Royale on the hill overlooking Kata Noi.

They both have fantastic view. Go to happy hour at both and see which you like best before you choose. We love both

I was disappointed with the food at the boathouse last time - in April (but perhaps I chose badly).

melbourne
Level Contributor
71 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the diffrence - MonTri's Boathouse or Kitchen???

I have eaten at both, and remember the food to be similar in style. Biggest difference for me is location/atmosphere.

Boathouse, is located right on the beach. In addition the dining room (indoor and out) is larger than kitchen. There is more activity/buzz in the room.

Kitchen is at villa royale where i can describe as more formal/intimate. Smaller in total with multiple areas/levels to dine in, breaking up the space. Location is elevated above the pounding surf onto the rocks, with view thru the trees to the ocean.

good website to compare menus.

http://www.momtriphuket.com/

Edited: 11 June 2010, 05:16
Melbourne
Level Contributor
283 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the diffrence - MonTri's Boathouse or Kitchen???

I can only speak for MomTris Boathouse...............I spent my 40th there in April and it was absolutely memorable. Sipping Mojitos watching the sunset at Happy Hour was a real treat!! I would thoroughly recommend the Boathouse!!

Enjoy!

mmij

MT ANNAN
Level Contributor
36 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the diffrence - MonTri's Boathouse or Kitchen???

I had dinner in the boathouse in may...

I found the view absolutely amazing, food sensational and my now fiancee proposed to me later that night in our villa at moevenpick karon so i will always have fond memories of that night and that restaurant.

Service was fantastic and the sunset gorgeous.

I have not been to the Kitchen though

Melbourne
Level Contributor
283 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the diffrence - MonTri's Boathouse or Kitchen???

I meant to ask AussieAnge.....Did you order off the menu or have the degustation??

We had the Thai degustation and I couldn't fault it!! I thought it was a great $$$ and we got to sample about 5 dishes from memory!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,367 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the diffrence - MonTri's Boathouse or Kitchen???

I ordered off the menu. As I said I may have picked the wrong things as the time before I voted it my new favorite restaurant in the world.

Previous favorite was Eats Sense Samui.

It is the combination of the view, being right on the beach, the service and the food.

We are back next month and I had certainly planned to have happy hour drinks there but maybe we will have to give the food another try.

I find the problem with Kata is too many great choices - can't fit them all in.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
283 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the diffrence - MonTri's Boathouse or Kitchen???

Too true AussieAnge!! Enjoy!! Very Jealous!!

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is the diffrence - MonTri's Boathouse or Kitchen???

Hi, I am the PR manager for Mom Tri's Kitchen. The PR manager for the Boathouse and myself wrote the following description as we get asked often.

It is long but I hope it is ok to post it here.

you can emial info@momtriphuket.com with any further questions.

We often get asked what the difference is between the restaurants at our boutique hotels Mom Tri’s Boathouse and Mom Tri’s Villa Royale, respectively the Boathouse Wine & Grill and Mom Tri’s Kitchen.

Both restaurants offer a romantic setting. While the Boathouse is beach front with an open-air terrace right on the sand on Kata Beach , Mom Tri's Kitchen is situated on the rocks on a hillside overlooking the ocean, about 5 – 10 meters above Kata Noi Beach.

The two restaurants are about 500 meters apart from each other, with Villa Royale being up the hill towards Kata Noi from the Boathouse.

Mom Tri's Kitchen, surrounded by tropical gardens has small dining enclaves and is a bit more intimate than the Boathouse Wine & Grill. The view of Kata Noi Bay is spectacular and diners can enjoy great sunset views.

The Boathouse Wine & Grill is almost level with the beach and affords an uninterrupted view over the sweeping bay of Kata. To watch the sun set behind Pu Island is a sight not to be missed.

Maître-Cuisinier de France, Chef Jean-Noël Lumineau, is a consultant for all of Mom Tri’s restaurants however each one has their own executive chef and serves a variety of Thai and international cuisine. The menus with prices can be found at www.momtriphuket.com

For birthdays or special occasions both restaurants can provide with advance notice a personalized cake, flower bouquet or special drinks. At Mom Tri’s Kitchen they also add extra table decoration at no extra charge.

Also for a lower priced but excellent quality and beachfront location check out Mom Tri's Oasis.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach, Karon
Level Contributor
3,925 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is the diffrence - MonTri's Boathouse or Kitchen???

Now to confuse you more....if you have the time, try both!! :))