We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family resort

Odeafamily1
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Family resort

Any families just back from Phuket with real little ones?

Mine are 1 and 3 and l want somewhere special to meet up with my partners family.

Cleanliness is paramount to me, also safety.

Want a little luxury but dont want to pay silly prices for food and drink, so a little value for money wont go astray.

On the beach, beautiful pool, kids club..

Am l asking too much??

Thanks for your help!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
205 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family resort

Have a look at the Patong Merlin in Patong Beach or the Merlin Beach Resort.

The kids club was limited but they may have upgraded since we were there last year. The resort itself is lovely and has a really shallow pool which is ideal. There are also three larger pools and a little playground. I liked the rooms to as there were fly screens on the sliding door which was nice for a little fresh air - even though there was airconditioning, sometimes it was nice to turn it off. Phuket is such a family friendly place. Eating out is easy too - most restaurants cater for all tastes. We were able to eat lots of yummy Thai and our kids could choose very standard food in the same restaurant such as chicken & chips or pizza. Travel with kids to we also found that there were chemists who could help with any concerns we had and were very good in dealing with us. The other great thing I found was to take a portable DVD player - our kids are older but it was a great chance for them to relax and enjoy some of the DVD's they bought - gave us a bit of time out too. Enjoy

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,510 posts
1,682 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family resort

The Centara Karon but the hotel is not on the beach. Its popular with families.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,915 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family resort

The Holiday Inn is very family friendly and also has a kids club.

Its a little world all of its own.

4. Re: Family resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2010, 07:15