We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! SIG - KL- Phuket - BKK in 7 days???

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Help! SIG - KL- Phuket - BKK in 7 days???

my husband and I are going for a 7-day vacation in October, we will be starting the trip in Singapore and end the trip in Bangkok (since I really love the city and I can't go visit other SEA countries without going to BKK). We already have our tickets, what we still don't have is our itinerary which was what I was tasked to do.

This is what I originally planned:

Day 1 - afternoon arrival in Singapore

- evening Night Safari / Dinner

Day 2 - Sentosa HalfDay/ City Tour rest of the Day

Evening --- to Kuala Lumpur via Bus or train

Day 3 - Kuala Lumpur Day Tour

- Evening --- to Phuket via Bus/ Train

Day 4 - morning arrival in phuket

Day 5 - Enjoy Phuket

- Evening - to Bankok via Bus/ Train

Day 6 - Enjoy Bangkok

Day 7 - Shopping in Bangkok

- Evening 11PM Flight

I think this Itinerary will be so cramped and tiring...

should we skip Phuket altogether & try to visit it next time? and focus more in SIG, KL and BKK?

But phuket is off season during October and it would be much cheaper to visit with all the good resorts offering promotions and discounts.

With only 2 days to spare will I be missing out on so many activities in the island?

Or should I skip Kuala Lumpur altogether?

Anybody with a good itinerary suggestions? I need help... please... thanks...

Edited: 23 June 2010, 05:07
Phuket SRC Travel - Day Tours
Boat Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, City Tours, Private Tours, Taxis & Shuttles
Alex Taxi Phuket & Tour
City Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Boat Tours, Private Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Chai travel and Day Tour in Phuket
Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, 4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours
Phuket Best Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours, Speed Boats Tours
Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! SIG - KL- Phuket - BKK in 7 days???

Trying to fit too much in in, in too short a time.

My first observation would be travelling by bus or train would be slow and tiring when there are so many cheap flights around (Air Asia etc). An example would be the 12 hour bus ride (no trains) from Phuket to Bangkok when the flights costs little more and is about an hour and 20 minutes or so.

I would certainly cut out at least one destination, and remember that its the height on the monsoon season in Thailand, which is why rates are so low.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,164 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help! SIG - KL- Phuket - BKK in 7 days???

Hi

Totally agree, you will be spending the best part of 3 days travelling, so only a 4 day holiday.

Whist the bus from SIN to KUL is easy and plentiful, getting from KUL to Phuket is very difficult by bus / train, and will take hours and hours, you would be better to hop on a plane and fly. Same with the Phuket to BKK route, easier and quicker to hop on a cheap flight.

Moving about not only wastes a huge amount of time, but it also uses up lots of money!

To be honest, you are just doing too much and you will need another break after this to recover.

Why not just do SIN then maybe fly to Phuket and then fly to BKK - for me that will still be too crammed, but its easier. I would still be temted just to do 2 places in 7 days.

Also prices are cheap as weather is not as good as DragonC says!

Hell, Norway
Level Contributor
13,182 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! SIG - KL- Phuket - BKK in 7 days???

""and remember that its the height on the monsoon season in Thailand""

I think that says the weather is not good :)

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! SIG - KL- Phuket - BKK in 7 days???

thank you for the great suggestions. we have finally decided to skip phuket and spend more time in Singapore, KL and Bangkok.

ciao.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,164 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! SIG - KL- Phuket - BKK in 7 days???

I think you will find that my second 'as' should not be there and the last sentence was concuring with you, DragonC.

It should have read

Also prices are cheap as weather is not good as DragonC says!

You can surely forgive a simple mistake 'as' that.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,984 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! SIG - KL- Phuket - BKK in 7 days???

If you are going to Singapore, KL and BKK, then all 3 are cities.

Singapore and KL are very similar....

What are you looking for in your trip?

If you are decided on SIN, KUL and BKK, I would suggest you take firefly from SIN budget terminal to KL. Its fast, simple and it lands in Subang which is half the distance from KLIA/LCCT to KL. Its also turboprop and it flies lower so you have a nicer view. www.fireflyz.com

Sunderland
Level Contributor
1,246 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Help! SIG - KL- Phuket - BKK in 7 days???

Hi,

I agree with maic. Why don't you drop KL rather than Phuket to vary your trip away from too many cities? Flights from Singapore direct to Phuket are pretty cheap with AirAsia. I would then take another cheap AirAsia flight to Bangkok on your 6th night and explore Bangkok on your last day before going to the Airport later in the evening

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
693 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help! SIG - KL- Phuket - BKK in 7 days???

with all that moving around you will need a holiday to get over the holiday. too much in 7 days! Pick a city and then hit the beach. instead of phuket head to Ko Samui via Bangkok.

I feel you won't have time to relax all you'll be doing is getting on and off planes, in and out of airports.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Help! SIG - KL- Phuket - BKK in 7 days???

:D getting really confused... hehe

@ toddmeister, I actually agree with you on this... I was thinking that I can always drop by in KL anytime since there as so many direct budget flights from our country. While phuket on the other hand is an out-of-the-way destination.

@ maic, what are you looking for in your trip? your question really got me thinking very hard :)

This trip will be a very nice way for me and my husband to spend time together. Immerse ourselves with the sceneries, sounds and culture. Enjoy new cuisine and a little r&r.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
56 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help! SIG - KL- Phuket - BKK in 7 days???

October is the wettest season in Phuket.... I'll Phuket a miss...

I'll rather spend 2 nights in Singapore, 2 nights in KL and 3 nights in Bangkok..... you can R&R and shop till u drop in all 3 cities! ....oh by the way, forget the idea of travelling by coach....there are 3 budget airlines you can choose from!!! book early and it can be much cheaper than coach!!!