We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

URGENT : Thai Massage Expensive ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Topic
URGENT : Thai Massage Expensive ?

Hello TA mates,

I am staying at CAPE SIENNA HOTEL (near KAMALA Beach).

Me n my wife would like to do a Thai Massage.

I checked the rates at my hotel but it looks very very high compare to outsides. http://www.capesienna.com/download

/balance_spa_menu.pdf

They are charging 2200THB per person for 90mins,

Can you guys please tell us any better recommended place for Thai Massage in or near KAMALA beach? Also the rates?

- Thanks

Phuket
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
3,814 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: URGENT : Thai Massage Expensive ?

Thai massage at the local parlours is 300Bt for an hour.

brisbane
Level Contributor
509 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: URGENT : Thai Massage Expensive ?

Just walk around pal and you'll be inundated.. Patong rates are 200 or 250. The ladies only make 100 baht themselves so be big and tip them at least 50. It's a tough living here for the unskilled.

Pattaya, Thailand
Level Contributor
172 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: URGENT : Thai Massage Expensive ?

URGENT: Everything in a hotel is twice as expensive as across the street

Sydney
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: URGENT : Thai Massage Expensive ?

There's the "Thai" massage which is full on pummel your body, walk on your back if your lucky etc and is an absolute killer lol. Then there's the "Oil" massage which is the aromatic one and nowhere near as intense. I had the "Thai" one in April and I reckon I had the heaviest woman walk on my back. It's put me off Thai massages forever lol. You should not pay more than 300Baht. I have also been told a legitimate massage place should have pics of the massueses (think I spelt this wrong lol) with their licenses displayed in a prominent position somewhere.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: URGENT : Thai Massage Expensive ?

Like a lot of things you get what you pay for.

I love the 200 - 300 baht Thai massages but then again I have had a few expensive ones in flash establishments which were completely professional in every sense,

Greeted at the door with a refreshment, sampled and chose what scented oil, mood music etc. There really is no comparison between the two.

Bob

(Hong Kong today - Hua Hin Tuesday)

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: URGENT : Thai Massage Expensive ?

The massage at the resort is more on a par with a professional day spa you get at home and is great for a treat, the price of 2200bhat for 90 min is not bad for a resort price (approx $78) and even that price is cheaper than ours here, good for a one off special treat for your honeymoon

outside of the resort you will find heaps and around 300bhat, the oil massage is nice and more relaxing, my hubby has the Thai one, that looks too painful for my liking lol :) the ones on the beach are nice listening to the waves and just relaxing

enjoy your honeymoon and have a special day spa massage just once :)

7. Re: URGENT : Thai Massage Expensive ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 December 2010, 06:24