We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Travel date to phuket betwin augest to October

TEHRAN
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
Best Travel date to phuket betwin augest to October

Hi,

My wife and I going to be there for a week for the first time .our choice is Cape Sienna hotel in kamala and just want to know which time is better for travelling there specifically about rain and weather.

We decided before to go in last week of October but it seems that there may be heavy rain that time.

Every suggestion is welcome.

Invercargill, New...
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Travel date to phuket betwin augest to October

I've booked at Deevana for 25th to 30th of October. I'm hoping that being towards the end of the rainy season it might not be that bad. Time will tell I guess.

melbourne
Level Contributor
64 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Travel date to phuket betwin augest to October

Hi, we have been too Phuket in November (very humid) but dry and also twice in September (around Grand Final Day in Vic) and it is not quite so humid probably had two days out of ten when it rained but it really didnt matter as it is still hot! I think October would be great weather and also still in their low season.

Infact the day we did the James Bond tour we were very thankful that it was overcast and a little rainy as it would have been extremly uncomfortable if the sun had of been out as you are out in the open in a canoe. Also this was possibley the best tour and lunch we have ever had.

Hope this help

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Travel date to phuket betwin augest to October

Whole period is the season time of year when you can get rain and seas can be rough, hence the rainy season.

August should be better than Sept / Oct

www.tmd.go.th/en/province_stat.php…

The Thai meteorological department has stats taken over 30 years, every year is different but you can see and decide yourself.

Note the weather August - October is very different depending on if you are visiting in Thailand for beach time. Phuket / Krabi area as compared with Gulf of Thailand area such as Koh Samui, Tao / Phangan where the weather is much better at that time but August is a Peak season time as popular due to the good weather

. Though October can be poor weather anywhere realy.

Koh Samui comparison:

www.tmd.go.th/en/province_stat.php…

Edited: 04 July 2010, 19:25
TEHRAN
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Travel date to phuket betwin augest to October

Thanks for all reply.

I found useful data from Jamie's Phuket Blog.

…blogspot.com/2009/07/phuket-rainfall-averag…

It seems that aguest is better than other months for my trip.

Edited: 05 July 2010, 05:46
5. Re: Best Travel date to phuket betwin augest to October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2011, 06:16