We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Jim Thompson outlet store is the bigger/better one?

Germany
Level Contributor
135 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Which Jim Thompson outlet store is the bigger/better one?

I would like to get myself some silk fabric to have curtains made. Which of the 2 outlet stores in Phuket is better / bigger? Have the outlet stores in Phuket got the same prices as the ones in Bangkok?

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,466 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Jim Thompson outlet store is the bigger/better one?

Hi,

As I remember it, the prices are the same at the Phuket versus either of the two Bangkok locations..

However, what *isn't* the same is the physical inventory carried at each store.. The Phuket outlet will fundamentally get only the unsold and discontinued merchandise from that regions retail outlets.. whereas the Bangkok locations will draw from the metro Bangkok retail locations as well as the flagship store.

So, on that basis alone, I'd reasonable expect that the Bangkok outlet locations to have "more" in terms of quantity of merchandise.

Travel Safe,

Germany
Level Contributor
135 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Jim Thompson outlet store is the bigger/better one?

Hi GOPBI,

thanks for the info. As we will be in Phuket first, I will have a look there if they've got what I am looking for, and if not then I will go to the store in Bangkok. Do you know which of the 2 shops in Phuket ist bigger or has a wider variety?

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,466 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Jim Thompson outlet store is the bigger/better one?

Hi,

I've only been to their Canal shop location, so I can't be sure that it's the biggest of the two.. You could of course call them, or ask a native speaker to call on your behalf to see if there is a measurable difference between the two. stores and what they carry.

Travel Safe,

Germany
Level Contributor
135 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Jim Thompson outlet store is the bigger/better one?

Okay, I'll do that. Thanks!!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,834 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Jim Thompson outlet store is the bigger/better one?

I have never been to the Phuket store, but the Bangkok store is either 4 or 5 stories and has a large selection of clothes, accesories, and fabric. The Bangkok outlet is big enough they have a cafe on the top floor. The Pattaya store was nice, but was simply a store in a mall. It only had finished products like clothes, it did not have rolls of silk like the Bangkok store.

6. Re: Which Jim Thompson outlet store is the bigger/better one?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2011, 07:17