We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Married in Phuket

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Getting Married in Phuket

G'day Everyone,

Just doing a bit of research about getting married in Phuket and I hope some of the TA experts can tell me if some of my assumptions are correct .

1. That unless you get the marriage registered in Thailand ie: the necessary documents translated then although the celebrant has conducted the service and you both have signed a certificate then it is not legal in Thainland or your own country ?

2. Would a Celebrant conduct a service complete with the certificate signing without having the necessary documents from the Thai Authorities.

3. Where would you find a list of Celebrants andwhat would be the cost?

4. Would it be posible to organise everything yourself .... Say meet the Celebrant or take them to a beach etc along with your guests, then go to your favourite restaurant after for a meal ...... or are you better off utilising the services of a wedding company?

5. If a Wedding Company any recommendations that are not way over the top in price etc as the people concerned are not fussed about a big extravaganza lol.... Just want to tie the knot in the place the love.

Cheers

Lozza

ps to a certain someone dont panic lol just research atm hahaha

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting Married in Phuket

Hi I have no idea about the legality of weddings.. I do know that the celebrant is usually not certified as anything particular though..

However i can recommend a wedding company that does low priced weddings on the beach and such..

http://www.lamoetweddings.com

Cater to mostly the Swedish Market but the owners have been living here for years and have a lot of experience with weddings too.

Congrats and good luck!~

Brisbane
Level Contributor
367 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting Married in Phuket

Hi Lozza, congrats

We were married a year ago in Phuket, we had a simple ceremony on the beach and we did sign a wedding certificate(not a legal one) on the day.We got married at the registry office in Aus just before we left to take care of the legalities, it was alot simpler to do it that way opposed to making it legal In Thailand.We did use a local wedding company http://weddingphuket.net/wedding.htm

They were fantastic, easy to deal with, reliable ,well priced.They have lots of different packages and prices.We had a beach wedding deluxe with some extras. It included everything,celebrant,flowers,cake champagne, photography,transport,hair,makeup,wedding attire if wanted,set up of beach area,ect........ all of it cost $2000 AUD

After the wedding we all returned to the hotel,changed into comfy clothes and went to the WhiteBox for dinner,we didn't have speeches or any formalities,just a few drinks and good food,no set menu everyone just chose what they wanted (we only had 10 guests.We just picked up the bill at the end of the night.

A lovely day and evening, no stress, didn't break the bank

…google.com/AdrianandKelli/…

If you have any q's,pm us

Adrian-Kelli

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting Married in Phuket

G'day Kata_noi , Adrian and Kelli,

Thanks for your replies..... I didn't think I was that transparent lol , Now that certain someone will panic hahaha .... Oh well its all good :)

Adrian and Kelli your link for weddingphuket.net didn't work :( , But great idea about the registery office in Aus .

Better go ask the dog if there's room with him just in case lol

Cheers

Lozza

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,445 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting Married in Phuket

Hey Laurie, are you getting married? Don't be shy!

There is a photographer/wedding organiser named Tom on the Phuket Alternative Tours website. A great guy.

I did the servie (even put on my pirate tie) for a couple who wanted to renew their vows on a beach a while back. Came as a surprise to me as I didn't know they could wear out. Wish I had known that sooner.

Mark.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting Married in Phuket

G'day Mark ,

Welllll she did say once not that long ago in Phuket , The good Captain can marry people cant he?..... I did see your post about Tom when researching but couldn't find the link on the website ?

Cheers

Lozza

Phuket Thailand
Level Contributor
3,445 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting Married in Phuket

Of course I can marry people. In fact I have done it more times already than I would wish, and I don 't intent to do it again. Of course if anyone wants to ask me I would consider it. I expect a big dowry.

Here is a link to Tom's page:

phuketalternativetours.com/…photographers

Mark.

ps; lucky the current missus can't read english.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
367 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting Married in Phuket

Hi Lozza,

Tom and his business partner Dave did our wedding

sorry wrong link, try this one

http://www.wedding-phuket.com/

Adrian-Kelli

Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting Married in Phuket

captn mark...lololol a truckload of licorice allsorts??

Edited: 30 July 2010, 11:31
Melbourne
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting Married in Phuket

Hi Loz,

Im also getting married in Phuket.

Its far easier to just go to a registry before hand in your hometown and that way the marriage is legal in your country.

Then, have the actual wedding in thailand.

Im doing that, we arent going to wear rings or consider ourselves married til after the ceremony :)

Just makes things alot less complicated :)

Bendigo, Australia
Level Contributor
35 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting Married in Phuket

who me panic???? ummm captn mark can i stow away on sakai???