Just doing a bit of research about getting married in Phuket and I hope some of the TA experts can tell me if some of my assumptions are correct .
1. That unless you get the marriage registered in Thailand ie: the necessary documents translated then although the celebrant has conducted the service and you both have signed a certificate then it is not legal in Thainland or your own country ?
2. Would a Celebrant conduct a service complete with the certificate signing without having the necessary documents from the Thai Authorities.
3. Where would you find a list of Celebrants andwhat would be the cost?
4. Would it be posible to organise everything yourself .... Say meet the Celebrant or take them to a beach etc along with your guests, then go to your favourite restaurant after for a meal ...... or are you better off utilising the services of a wedding company?
5. If a Wedding Company any recommendations that are not way over the top in price etc as the people concerned are not fussed about a big extravaganza lol.... Just want to tie the knot in the place the love.
ps to a certain someone dont panic lol just research atm hahaha