We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phuket Babysitting service

Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
34 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Phuket Babysitting service

Hi guys,

I have just booked a babysitter through Phuket babysitting service:

www.phuketbabysitting.com

Does anyone have any experience of this business?

They look very reputable but would love some opinions!

Thanks Anna

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,464 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phuket Babysitting service

I don't know them, although apparently, according to their website, the whole island knows them.

300 Baht per hour for a Thai sitter? Plus extra time and gasoline if not staying in their area? Sorry, that is ridicously expensive. 100 baht would be more like it, and even that is not really cheap.

How much do you pay at home for a sitter?

Edited: 23 September 2010, 03:30
australia
Level Contributor
335 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phuket Babysitting service

We used the babysitting service offered by the hotel (Holiday Inn), the lady we had was very nice & I felt secure leaving my children with her.

We used this service about 4 nights & always made sure we had the same lady.

They work for the hotel so I trusted them aswell, the babysitters where also the maids or other staff!

We usually booked her from 5pm until 10pm or so, we had 4 kids being looked after & never paid more than 1200baht, I thought that was very reasonable.

Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
34 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phuket Babysitting service

Hi Steven,

I would love to know where to find the babysitters you are talking of - I have contacted 3 hotels and 2 babysitting services and all of them are coming back at about this price. Some of them are even 350 Baht per child per hour!!!

They have quoted 350 baht for 3 children per hour with no extra fees so I am not too stressed by that. More concerned that they are reputable and that my 3 kids aren't going to end up for sale somewhere :)

Would love your advice if you do have any other options.

Thanks

4. Re: Phuket Babysitting service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 September 2010, 04:59
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phuket Babysitting service

A friend of mine was doing some marketing for the owner whom she has known for years and I have met. I know they do screen their applicants and that the owner is very serious about her business.

They also do home health care services.

I have not talked to anyone who used them for babysitting but my friends use their home health care worker to take care of their father/ father in law here and they are very happy with the care taker as she has experience and training in the medical field.

Why not ask them for a reference or 2? Also perhaps a copy of the ID Card?

Sure if you live here you can get a babysitter cheaper, you neighbor, your girlfriends family and extended family, the sister of an employee..

but if you don't live here then it is a great convenience to have this service offered to tourist.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,464 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Phuket Babysitting service

So far I have not needed a baby sitting service yet.

It is just that these prices are higher than I guess you pay at home, plus at the nursery where my kids are (ABC nursery) they have a sign advertising babysitting services at 100 baht per hour.

So a price of 300 baht per hour is really expensive IMO, but maybe it is impossible to find anything cheaper from abroad. I want to bet though that your roommaid is willing to do it a lot cheaper.

Maybe worth considering changing my business :)

Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
34 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Phuket Babysitting service

Thanks for all the info! I am feeling positive about Phuket babysitting as they seem very reliable. I'll let you know how we go!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Phuket Babysitting service

Please let me know how you go with baby sitting service, we are looking for one for our 4 month old baby next month!

Sylvia

Zurich
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Phuket Babysitting service

Hi

Yes, please let me know too how it works with them. Because we are in Phuket in November and at our hotel they want 30 Dollars/hour! Maybe you also

tell them once that they should ask their clients to leave a feedback on their homepage!

Enjoy

Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
34 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Phuket Babysitting service

Just got back from our trip to Patong. Phuket Babysitting was GREAT!

We had a girl named Am come to our room two nights during our holiday. She was wonderful - the second night my 2 year old son jumped on her and hugged her when she came in - which showed me she was a great choice!

Very happy with the service. Tracy who runs it is a New Zealander and she was super helpful.

Definitley impressed and would definitely recommend.