We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Simba or cheaper alternative?

Sydney
Level Contributor
50 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Simba or cheaper alternative?

Hi,

I have read some great reviews about the phi phi island trip with Simba, but was wondering if it is worth the extra price, or should we wait till we get to patong and book something cheaper??

Thanks,

Brady

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Simba or cheaper alternative?

G'day Brady,

Tours like Simba and Phuket sail tours are more personal and dont have big numbers on their boats... when you see some of the cheaper tours you thank your lucky stars that you arent on them.

Some carry over 50 people and to me that is not a enjoyable day no matter how cheap it is.

Cheers

Lozza

Boort, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Simba or cheaper alternative?

Hi Brady,

HAVE to agree with Lozza, you get what you pay for. We did the Phi Phi trip with Simba last Sunday and it was well worth the extra cost. We arrived at Maya beach before any other boats and it was beautiful to have it to ourselves (only 14 on boat). We kept ahead of most of the other boats all day and it was great. Can highly recommend Simba.

Delene

Echuca, Australia
Level Contributor
743 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Simba or cheaper alternative?

Hey Brades.... Simba all the way, they are fantastic and it is worth the extra $$. I didn't think it was too expensive either, you will have a wonderful day with their knowledge and personal service. We went to Phang Nga and ran out of days to fit Phi Phi in to our trip.

Cheers

Johannesburg
Level Contributor
167 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Simba or cheaper alternative?

You will have no regrets - Simba trip to Phi Phi was the highlight of my trip last year. I've now booked with Phuket Sail for the end of this month. Sure there are other trips but nothing as special

Kadina, Australia
Level Contributor
878 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Simba or cheaper alternative?

we did the phang nga bay trip with simba it was one of the best days of our holiday. we saw other boats with at least 50 people cramed onto them, while we had 8 people, worth the extra money for sure

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Simba or cheaper alternative?

same! same! Marley, but we were with PST Captain Mark, fantastic day and only 8 of us plus 3 crew on the boat (Sakai sail boat) when we saw all those cattle boats with 50+ people on board it sure made us feel lucky that we were with Captain Mark, they do speedboats to Phi Phi too

either Simba or PST are the way to go you don't want to be stuck on one of those tour boats cramed in like sardines, you get what you pay for

enjoy you trip :)

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
891 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Simba or cheaper alternative?

Agree with all the above, you go away on holidays to have the best possible time and if you can afford the extra $ then this will be a memorie worth remembering, if we were frequent travellers I may settle for the others but just how often does one go on a great holiday...1 a year....lets make it the best that we can.

Sydney
Level Contributor
50 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Simba or cheaper alternative?

Thanks everyone, I will be booking simba for sure.

Singapore
Level Contributor
413 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Simba or cheaper alternative?

Sorry to cut in, brades........but can anyone tell me how much a tour with Simba will be on average ? Do they have a website so that I can browse thru the various tour packages that they may have. I'm looking to do the phang nga bay trip on one of my stays in phuket.

Tks and cheers !~

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,815 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Simba or cheaper alternative?

Lucas......

www.simbaseatrips.com

and also Phuket sail tours do a great tour on the sail boat caves and hongs tour, well worth doing its fantastic, and they also do a speed boat to Phang Nga www.phuketsailtours.com theirs is 3000bhat adults, not sure on Simba but around the same price