We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry to Koh Yao Noi

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
ferry to Koh Yao Noi

We land in Phuket at 15.00 (with Air Asia from Chiang Mai) and need to get to Koh Yao Noi. It seems that the last ferry to Koh Yao Noi leaves at 17.00 from Bang Rong Pier. Do you think that we have sufficient time to catch the ferry? (We’ll have checked luggage).

In case we miss the ferry, do we have other options to get to Koh Yao Noi that evening?

Thank you.

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ferry to Koh Yao Noi

Can anyone help with my question, please? Thank you in advance.

Phuket
Level Contributor
869 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ferry to Koh Yao Noi

Hi bobr

That will give you two hours to get through immigration, get your bags and get down to Phuket town. The trip to Phuket town could easily be 45 minutes so I'd say you're cutting it fine. Take into account Air (del)Asia's track record with delays and you're probably better off not even trying.

Maybe book into a hotel in Phuket town for the night and that way you'll be more relaxed on your trip down from Chiang Mai.

Have a great time

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,533 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ferry to Koh Yao Noi

Bang Rong is not in Phuket Town, so no reason to go into town. It is much more North and closer to the airport.

I would say there is a good change you'll make the 17.00 hours ferry. And if not, take a longtail boat to go to Koh Yao Noi. Will be a bit more expensive but not that much, plus the ferry is nothing but a big longtail boat anyway. You'll find longtail boats for hire at Bang Rong.

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ferry to Koh Yao Noi

Thank you so much for your replies.

stevenl, could you please give me a rough idea how much would a longtail boat to go to Koh Yao Noi cost? Would the price be per person or per boat?

And how late in the evening do you think the longtail boats at Bang Rong can still be hired?

Thank you.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,533 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ferry to Koh Yao Noi

I would expect that to be 3,000 Baht, maybe even less. And that would be for the boat.

If you pay the guys they will go in the middle of the night.

Phuket
Level Contributor
187 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ferry to Koh Yao Noi

Hello,

I know the Thai company that runs the speedboat ferry to Koh Yao Noi. I can ask him how much it costs for private charter of that (if you dont want to go by Longtail).

Elise

Edited: 17 October 2010, 01:48
San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ferry to Koh Yao Noi

Elise,

it would be good to know the cost of the speedboat ferry to Koh Yao Noi. If it's not too much trouble, could you please ask him?

Thank you.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ferry to Koh Yao Noi

i, too, am interested in the cost of the chartered long boat from Phuket to Ko Yao Noi.

Did you have a chance to find it out?

Where are you staying on the island?

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ferry to Koh Yao Noi

Boleslav, we are staying at Tabeak. We do not want to risk missing the last ferry, so we arranged the transfer From Phuket Airport to Bungalow By Private Car and Local Boat =1400 THB (2 pax) as posted here: kohyaotravel.com/tabeak-viewpoint-bungalow/i…

There is more transfer options on Koh Yao site:

http://kohyaotravel.com/transfer.htm

10. Re: ferry to Koh Yao Noi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2011, 05:15