We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pool Villa with Ocean View?

Chicago, IL
10 posts
Save Topic
Pool Villa with Ocean View?

My husband and I are staying 5 nights in Phuket for part of our 12 night Thailand honeymoon in February. We're looking for a 5 star boutique hotel with a pool villa, amazing ocean view and with beach access. Budget is not an issue. Any recommendations would be very much appreciated! Thanks.

Chicago, IL
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pool Villa with Ocean View?

Here are a few that we're considering and my concerns...

-Andara Resort and Villas (not beach front)

-Impiana Private Villas (no beach access)

-The Shore at Katathani (not many reviews)

-Aleenta Resort (too far from town)

-Sri Panwa Phuket (not great reviews about the service)

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Patong
Level Contributor
5,817 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pool Villa with Ocean View?

Have a look at Mom Tri's Villa Royale

La Flora in Patong do a pool villa right on the beach

www.sixsenses.com/evason/phuket they do some lovely pool villas and have their own island with a honeymoon villa (not pool)

Centara Villas, are also very nice and do a nice pool villa with views

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,813 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pool Villa with Ocean View?

Also have a look at The Racha. The Grand Pool villas fit your brief is you want a beautiful island location. If you want closer to busy areas try

The Shores - to me modern but not very exciting on a beautiful beach

Villa Royale

Trisara

Amanpuri - but very expensive

Another consideration is time of travel

Bombay. India
Level Contributor
35 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pool Villa with Ocean View?

Here are a few. I have stayed in Panwa, La Flora, Impiana and Aleenta over the the last 2 years...

Panwa - best in Phuket or may be best in Thailand.

-Impiana Private Villas - location is nice if you like being close to busy areas.

-Aleenta Resort (too far from town) - good property. May be second to Panwa

La Flora Patong - small hotel in very crowded Patong area. But have good rooms. Restaurants are not great.

Deva - very close to airport.

Summarizing I think Panwa is great for such a special trip.

Enjoy.

Cheers

London
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pool Villa with Ocean View?

I stayed at Mom Tri Villas in their one and only Pool suite a couple of years ago. It was amazing. It has its own infinity pool which overlooks the beautiful beach and sea. it's in the trees so it is very private. The suite itself is massive and luxurious and the staff are great. (im running out of superlatives) Its a very short flight of steps to the beach. Its a lovely boutique hotel and the restaurant is fantastic. The website does it no justice at all.

I even had an american guy who was bragging to the fact that his yacht was moored up just off the beach pointing at it from the path outside our suite. He asked me what was beyond the gate I had just come from, I couldn't help but show him our room, needless to say the jealousy was quickly reversed!

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,815 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pool Villa with Ocean View?

Hi

The Dophins Suits at Mom Tris Boathouse might also be worth looking at.

7. Re: Pool Villa with Ocean View?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2011, 05:18