We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wearing Jeans at Tri Moms

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
891 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Wearing Jeans at Tri Moms

Do guys have to wear long pants or jeans when eating at this restaurant????? what is the accepted dress code for this holiday destination. Im covered just not too sure about the guys.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
42,489 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wearing Jeans at Tri Moms

Do Aussie guys ever wear anything else other than T-shierts/vests, shorts and thongs? ;-)

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
891 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wearing Jeans at Tri Moms

Mine does, but just didnt want to pack jeans if not a necessary item.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Wearing Jeans at Tri Moms

Hi,

I would also be interested in knowing the dress code for both males / females dining at either Mom Tris Kitchen or Boathouse. I realise that Phuket is quite casual but was not sure about these fine dining restaurants.

Cheers,

Ashleigh

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,916 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wearing Jeans at Tri Moms

Hi

Most chaps seem to wear long pants in the evening at MT Boathouse, and to be honest most of the ladies dress up too, as its a 'nicer' restaurant. So, think whilst I can't remember seeing any notice about a dress code at the Boathouse, most do make an effort regardlessly.

Sure it will be the same for MT Kitchen, as MT Villa Royale is a more classer resort than the very nice Boathouse. MT Oasis [next to the Boathouse] is a more relaxed venue.

Perhaps Kata-Noi or RingO can help on this one as they are very local to the the Boathouse.

Enjoy!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,841 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wearing Jeans at Tri Moms

I really don't think it matters - except perhaps to other diners.

I have seem almost everything from formal wear to beach wear. Just one tip though even if my other half puts on decent trousers he never wears anything on his feet but thongs.

And by the way I think it is too hot for jean in Phuket unless they are the really light weight ones. I personally would prefer to see a man in a nice pair of shorts (long ones) than jeans

Have fun and a margarita for me

Edited: 22 November 2010, 05:42
6. Re: Wearing Jeans at Tri Moms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 November 2010, 01:05
Edited: 23 November 2010, 01:05
South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,941 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wearing Jeans at Tri Moms

Chez, we have been to all the Mom Tri restaurants a few times for lunch and dinner. Gary always wears a collared shirt & longer shorts with casual shoes or sometimes sandals. We dress smart casual. Dont worry about taking jeans. We have also seen all sorts of dress in there but on the whole it is smart casual.

Cathy

Vientiane
Level Contributor
6,287 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wearing Jeans at Tri Moms

Shorts for dinner in a decent place in Asia are really naff. A nice pair of light cotton trousers looks so much better. You don't need to look like a slob just because you are on holidays. Have a look at what the Thais wear when they dine out; you don't see any in shorts.

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wearing Jeans at Tri Moms

HI I work at Mom Tri's Villa Royale and Mom Tri's Kitchen.

Long pant / smart casual is kindly requested for dinner.

Shorts are fine for lunch.

Sandals for men are fine.

The Boathouse also kindly request long pants for men.

If you feel like dressing up you will not be over dressed although rarely have I seen a man wearing a jacket or tie. (yes hot for a jacket I know).

Oasis indeed is much more of a casual beachfront venue, and the menu also is lower priced.

(all prices of menus can be found at www.momtriphuket.com) how ever our menus do change.

Feel free to email me direct at pr at villaroyalephuket.com

(I prefer this instead of private messages).

PS It is Mom Tri's. Mom Luang Tridhosyuth Devakul is the owners full name.

(Mom Luang being his royal title and Tri his nick name).

Edited: 22 November 2010, 10:17
Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
891 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wearing Jeans at Tri Moms

Rufascat, have read a few of your posts, quite the charmer arnt you. All the negative responses, I guess comes from having bad experiences yourself, seems to me you know all of the names associated with people who dont have any class, reminds you of yourself does it.

Edited: 22 November 2010, 10:45