We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Large and I mean large family holiday

Melbourne
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Large and I mean large family holiday

I am hoping you can help me. I am wanting to plan a holiday with our nine children their wives and partners and six grandchildren. I was thinking of a resort in Phuket or even Hua Hin.

Somewhere where there is a good kids club and which has a spa and babysitting available.

Thank you

Fort St. John B.C
Level Contributor
224 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Large and I mean large family holiday

Have you thought about renting a villa. We did it last year in Central America and this year we are renting for two week in Koh Samui and 1 week in Phuket. I know the one house we are renting in Koh Samui has a few 3 and 4 bedroom houses in a row on the beach with private pools. You could rent them all for less than a 4 or 5 star resort. They come with housekeeping staff and you can also hire cooks etc. It might be the way to go.

I took a group of 18 to Costa Rica and by the time I paid for the resort we probably could have rented houses for 2 week periods for 2 or 3 years.

Check VRBO.com and HomeAway.com

Melbourne
Level Contributor
12 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Large and I mean large family holiday

Thank you so much !!! I will look into that ,I was just a bit worried about the pools with little children. I hope you have a fantastic holiday in Thailand.

Thanks once again

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
442 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Large and I mean large family holiday

You can have a look at www.coconutparadiseresort.com they have a range of different villas and can accomodate large groups as well. They are in Rawaii not near Patong but very affordable.

Spoz

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Large and I mean large family holiday

Time of year can affect your choice, from now to May all beach and island areas should be fine for weather.

From May to October the Gulf of Thailand side, Koh samui, Hua Hin etc have better weather and calm seas. So in May to October that is the area better for weather.

It also depends how you want to spen your days and evenings. Are you after lots of shopping, nightlife, bars for evenings or prefer more relaxed dining, markets etc ?

Daytime depends if you just want beach or you want nature / national parks, culture etc, so it depends.

Good weather time Phuket for families lots of choice, the new Centara Grand at Karon Beach has great facilities for children, water slide, lots of activities and absolute beachfront :) Although new it is bound to become one of the most popular due to facilities, lcoation.

Centara have lots of places and are overall a good group.

www.centarahotelsresorts.com/hotels.asp

Centara Grand Resort Karon

centarahotelsresorts.com/cpbr/services.asp

Hua Hin has all the majors, Hilton, Marriott, Sheraton, Intercontinental etc. the area more suited to those looking for activities also away from beaches such as nature, temples, national parks, culture, golf etc.

If time of year I ok I would take a good look at Centara Grand at Karon. May is also often ok on Phuket and the prices are well down as that is when low season rates start.

With the children for both their sake and your do go for somewhere with great kid's facilities - then everyone is happy. .

5. Re: Large and I mean large family holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2011, 06:16