We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our Holiday

Jeris Bay
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Our Holiday

Well thanks to the helpful hints gleaned thru this awesome site my kids and I had an exciting holiday 9 days in Phuket & 3 in bangkok, we did Phantasea ,elephant treked,Phi Phi Islands ,Caving in Phangnga Bay river Kwai and Tiger temple we swam , snorkled ate fabulously prepared everything and shopped till we dropped , we were pampered, preened,totally spoilt and embraced by the beautiful people of Thailand ,we played tag with a baby elephant , held sea eagles nursed an iguana and bottle fed a three month old Bengal Tiger ,Where else can you do this????? we were braided , waxed sunkissed ,oiled spolilt thrilled by so many WOW moments , before watching amazing sunsets while sipping cocktails , we ate Lobsters followed by crepesuzettes had our beds turned down and my laundry delivered in tight little bundles , sprays of Orchids grown from tincans and coconuts filled every vision , wild monkeys greeting me on the sand,I have found paradise what a holiday ...

I have one word for Phuket

Bliss

sawadee-Ka Beautiful people Im coming back !!!!

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
River Kwai
River Kwai
1,315 Reviews
Kanchanaburi, Thailand
Jeris Bay
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Our Holiday

Hi Lemmar I purchased the painting from patong it was just down a side alley from the subway shop near the hello kitty pink shop lots of market stalls the artist was a man with a deformed left hand he was very very good he didnt speak any english and the shop owner wanted 9 thousand baht for the canvas I got it for 4 thousand but gave the artist an extra 1000.00 on the hush because i knew he would get only a fraction from the other guy , for 5000 baht i was very happy ofcourse the framing here costs more than that but hey Im wrapped !!! Its stunning when I get it on the wall ill post a pic for you.....

yes it will make you all dreamy and phuket sick , yes that is a real condition !

Jeris Bay
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Our Holiday

oops should say the subway shop on the beach road .... im a tourist remember lol

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
159 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Our Holiday

Great, thanks for that info Kizz :)

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
194 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Our Holiday

Kizz, a magical report. Explained to perfection. We will be there in 3 weeks and the things in your report are the things that take us back there year after year.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
39 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Our Holiday

Hi Kizz27,

How wonderful is your description of your experience in Phuket! You have described every detail in a short but beautiful message.

It is amaizing place to be.

I have been in many places, but this is the place me and my husband always comeback, from the first trip we new we will be back there every year, and we do so.

We will be there for the New Year Eve 2010/11 again!:)

This massege is to 100emmar you can get the painting on Patong Beach, but if you wont pay less for the painting go to the road wich drives you to the airport go liitle bid far from the main centre of Patong and you will find there a lots of gallerys and the prices are cheaper then in the main areas.

Probably the medium painting you can get for 2500THB, the pense of the seazon

We have many of them back home and I look every day on them and this is my memory of beautiful holidays in Phuket!

Unforgettable time.

I love Phuket!!!!!

Edited: 08 December 2010, 09:44
Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Patong Beach
Patong Beach
13,345 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Jeris Bay
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Our Holiday

Hi Mag , well I will have to haggle more next time... but you know what as I gaze at the artists representation of Phang nga bay I am instantly transported back to that magical place , a smile just appears on my face , That alone is worth more Baht than I shall ever posess

cheers sawatdee-ka beautiful peeps!\

Kiz

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
93 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Our Holiday

Sounds fantastic. My husband and I done Thailand for our honeymoon and done the River Kwai and Hellfire pass as my great grandfather was a POW and buried there so we paid respects and loved staying there on the floating hotel. We would love to take 2 of the kids there (the eldest is married now) but we would also love to do Phuket.

Where did you stay in Phuket? Karon or Patong?

Also, where did you stay in Thailand?

Any suggestions would be great. Our children are 16 and 7

Thanks

Nis

Mentioned in this post
River Kwai
River Kwai
1,315 Reviews
Kanchanaburi, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Karon
Karon
Phuket, Thailand
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Jeris Bay
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Our Holiday

Hi we stayed at Centara Kata resort Kata beach lovely rooms service buffet breakfast oh and the pools fabulous ! we loved the beach there as you can snorkle straight off the beach their were many beautiful fish,& coral the resort was fantastic not far from the beach an easy stroll , nice shops and markets ,We went to many places phi phi islands , phang nga bay , rode elephants & enjoyed the phantasea show , I loved the orchid farm and just enjoyed the people the culture the atmosphere Kata beach was perfect for us , I cant wait to go back I am suffering Phuket withdrawals lol

Mentioned in this post
Kata Beach
Kata Beach
6,548 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
173 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Our Holiday

Great message! We're heading to the area, but decided to stay in Khao Lak.

Where did you nurse the tiger and hold the sea eagle? We are going with our kids so tend to do kid activites.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Jeris Bay
Level Contributor
92 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Our Holiday

We bottle fed a baby Tiger at Phantasea we were able to have photos taken and had to line up but it was sooo worth it , and we hired a driver daj (I have his details if interested )who took us all around the island for the day , he showed us where this baby elephant was in a plantation and we all got to have a play with him , he was sooocute he played with us like an excited puppy, The sea eagle was with some guys at the kata view point look out at about 11am they had 2 and let us hold them while they took pics it was only about 100 baht which where else can you do this?? One evening walking around kata beach we met aguy with a very large iguana on his shoulder , he was quite happy for us all to hold him and take pics , he didnt want anything but we insisted as it was quite an experiance . You and your children will have a blast , enjoy !!

Kiz