We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATV ride in Phuket

Singapore
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
ATV ride in Phuket

Hi,

Where is a good place for ATV?

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
903 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATV ride in Phuket

There are 2 of them near Nai Harn.

One is on the left just before you head up the hill on the back road to Kata.

The other is further along that road halfway up the hill amongst the elephant riding places that are sandwiched together.

I think the one nearest to the top of the hill would go up on those dirt roads towards Nui Beach and have some awesome views up there.

There are others around but these two seem to have the better location IMO.

Keep in mind I have not ridden any of them, Just that i see them out and about from time to time on my hikes and know the area.

St Kilda, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATV ride in Phuket

I have been looking into this as i am going to Phuket in May. The one I am looking at doing is located at www.atvphuket.com

They have a 3 hour one which looks sensational... they take you to Phang-Nga and the course looks great with waterfalls, mud tracks etc...

Hope this helps.

Singapore
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ATV ride in Phuket

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions. Will take note of them.

phuket
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ATV ride in Phuket

i dd the one at atvphuket as link above - amazing fun. do it!!

they seemed very professional and have a massive area of land (rented from local farmers i think) and can also head onto the beach and on road..

bikes were in good condition and guides friendly alough they do make you wear 'crocs'!!

NJ
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: ATV ride in Phuket

Hi,

Does anyone know if I can do the ATV ride with a 3 yr old sitting in front of me? He loves bikes of all kinds and watches youtube for these. So I thought it would be a great treat for my son to be able to ride on the ATV?

How abt 10yr old kid? Ride separately or with one of the parents?

Level Contributor
12 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ATV ride in Phuket

Yes. The operator allows your kid to sit in front while the parent control the ATV. The throttle is thumb pushed operated so your ten yr old might not have enough strengh to push it.

7. Re: ATV ride in Phuket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 16:16