We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

should we go to phi phi in June???

Hartlepool, United...
9 posts
Save Topic
should we go to phi phi in June???

HI

this will be our 1st vist to thailand and have been recommended to go to phi phi rather than phuket but on other forums i have noted people saying dont go in June as it is the monsoon season???

What do people think??

Can anyone recommend accomodation - not budget but not the 5* end either (maybe 3 0r 4 stars)??

If phi phi is a no no can anyone recommend anything else to deo preferably beach resort/island

Cheers x

Qld
Level Contributor
251 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: should we go to phi phi in June???

Hi I would be careful, it is a risk, June can be lovely but it can get very rough, we went in June last yr we stayed in Kata and our daughter went for 3 nights, trip over was good they had pretty good weather, then it came in, and they all thought they were going to die on the return trip, 2 people on the whole boat were not sick.

If it was me I would just do day tours, that way if the weather is bad they will cancel it and reschedule for you.

highly , recomend Captain Mark tours, we did a local one which was much cheaper and you certainly get what you pay for. Please feel free to ask me anything else, so wet here now will have time to be on the computer.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
442 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: should we go to phi phi in June???

We did a day trip to Phi Phi last year in June and had a great day. Weather was actually the best we had for the 2 weeks there. We did our trip with Simba and enjoyed every minute.

If you are undecided why not just do a few nights on Phi Phi and the rest in Phuket and make sure you take a speedboat across. If it is a bit on the rough side at least it is only an hour trip compared to the ferry being a couple of hours.

Hartlepool, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: should we go to phi phi in June???

thanks for all your help! can anyone suggest anywhere else then???

stupid question..... is the weather in phuket any better then at this time and can any1 tell me more about where to go and recommended hotels in phuket

Thanks x

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
442 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: should we go to phi phi in June???

It is Monsoon season on that side of Thailand in June but we have been for the past 3 junes and last year was the only year we had a bit of rain. the other 2 years we had 2 arvo showers for about 10 min. Dont panic too much as it is still hot and you will still have a great time. there are so many options for hotels we really need to know what you like, your budget etc.

If you still have reservations you can always try Koh Samui or even Hua Hin. Hua Hin is on the mainland just south of Bangkok. It was our first visit to Thailand back in '96 and so started our love affair with Thailand!!!

Hope this helps a little.

Spoz

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
442 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: should we go to phi phi in June???

It is Monsoon season on that side of Thailand in June but we have been for the past 3 junes and last year was the only year we had a bit of rain. the other 2 years we had 2 arvo showers for about 10 min. Dont panic too much as it is still hot and you will still have a great time. there are so many options for hotels we really need to know what you like, your budget etc.

If you still have reservations you can always try Koh Samui or even Hua Hin. Hua Hin is on the mainland just south of Bangkok. It was our first visit to Thailand back in '96 and so started our love affair with Thailand!!!

Hope this helps a little.

Spoz

Hartlepool, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: should we go to phi phi in June???

yes it definitely helps thanks!

we are going to koh samui just before phuket/phi phi and are staying there 8 nights and hopefully will go to a full moon party

Have you been to a full moon party before??

i understand that we need to stay in koh phangon for the party but maybe will go somewhere else in koh samui for a couple of nights can you recommend anywhere?

and anywhere on phi phi?

we are 2 girls (just friends) in our mid twentys we are looking for fun but not backpacker style - we are looking to 'live it up' a bit but within reason (maybe 3-4 star).

would you recommend maybe 2 nights phuket and 2 in phi phi or just go to phi phi for all 4??

were sooooo confused with so much to consider and obviously are trying to stick within budget.

thanks again for your help

7. Re: should we go to phi phi in June???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2011, 07:40