We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Large Size Mens Clothing where to buy in Phuket???

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
342 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Large Size Mens Clothing where to buy in Phuket???

Anyone know where in Phuket do they sell good quality/brand name Large (like XL size in USA) sized clothing off the shelf? Central Festivals? Premium Outlet? I know Phuket is almost 30 degrees year round so do they sell winter clothing (jackets...)?

Living in China now (where average person size is smaller)...so besides a vacation looking to restock for the Winter here :-)

thanks,

John

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Large Size Mens Clothing where to buy in Phuket???

yes can buy large size mens shirts at the big shopping plaza, sorry cant remember the department store but it was the main one & we went upstairs, our son-in-law is XXL & bought a shirt which was an American Brand (name escapes me) for $65US dollars - it was excellent quality. They had deals too such as buy one shirt get 30% off next etc they had a whole section of large menswear. I was delighted as we were attending a wedding & he forgot to bring a shirt! I will be seeing her in a day or two will ask if she remembers the name ps the shopping plaza is in Patong called Jocelyn or something like that.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Large Size Mens Clothing where to buy in Phuket???

you could have a winter suit made. Another member of our party had 3 suits made by a Mr Singh? and is very happy with them, if you google you will find him he advertises that he travels apparently to US and Aust to visit clients about once a year. Your other alternative is to go to Vietnam to Hoi An - lovely old town with great tailors and so cheap - maybe your next trip.

South Australia...
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
Level Contributor
8,892 posts
415 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Large Size Mens Clothing where to buy in Phuket???

Hi John,

Robinsons department store in Jungceylon shopping centre has big size shirts, jeans etc, John Henry, Hazard, Big John brands. Also have a look upstairs (and downstairs) in the sports stores in same centre, good prices on Adidas, Reebok in bigger sizes. We have also bought a great winters jacket there (Equinox Extreme) so yes you can find jackets.

Cathy

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,194 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Large Size Mens Clothing where to buy in Phuket???

Arrow was the shirt brand. And maybe it was Robinsons department store. I remember there was a whole section for large menswear which I was surprised to find. Jungceylon shopping centre.

Nowra, Australia
Level Contributor
389 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Large Size Mens Clothing where to buy in Phuket???

5 weeks to go (not that i am counting LOL) for our first visit to Phuket. Have been on TA daily reading all i can.

At least 'he' is ok in the shopping dept.... but.....

dare i ask.... but does the same store sell large (aust size 20) womens clothes??

6. Re: Large Size Mens Clothing where to buy in Phuket???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2012, 09:13