We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

14 days in Phuket-any chance of running out of things to do?

London, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
14 days in Phuket-any chance of running out of things to do?

Last-minute planning of first trip to Thailand...after 3-4 days in bangkok sightseeing planning to go to Phuket for 14 days and then back to bangkok.

Will I have any chance of running out of things to do or see in Phuket? Should I complicate myself with Pattaya, etc and reduce my stay in Phuket?- for someone who wants to see as much of Thailand as possible in 3 weeks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
442 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 14 days in Phuket-any chance of running out of things to do?

I would spend 7 in Chang Mai and 7 in Phuket. That way you get to see the difference between the North and the South. Check out the Chang Mai forum and read sone of the JBR's to get some idea.

Spoz

London, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 14 days in Phuket-any chance of running out of things to do?

I'm beinng put off by having to pay another 100 GBP or more an a flight to Chaing Mai...but still considering the option

but it sounds like I may have to look hard to find thinngs to see/do for 14 days in Phuket...without spending a fortune either

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
442 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 14 days in Phuket-any chance of running out of things to do?

It all really depends on how active you want to be. We spend 2 weeks without a prob, but then again we are there to relax. Check out the FAQ's and Itineraries on the right hand side of the forum. They will give you an idea of all there is to see and do.

Australia
Level Contributor
274 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 14 days in Phuket-any chance of running out of things to do?

I agree, would recommend Chiang Mai too.

Couple years ago we spent 6 nights in Chiang Mai, 4 in Koh Samui and about 4 nights in Bangkok, something like that, had a few extra nights in BKK which was well worth it I thought.

Would recommend about 5 nights in Chiang Mai, 5 in Phuket and 4 in Bangkok. Chiang Mai is pretty cheap once you get there so think its worth the trip.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1,907 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 14 days in Phuket-any chance of running out of things to do?

14 days is a long time in Phuket. If you are going to spend that much time, you should be looking for a very laid back, even lazy, vacation. Pattaya is not really worth the effort in my opinion, and I like Pattaya. Somebody mentioned Chiang Mai is fairly cheap once you get there, and that has been my experience as well.

One thing that I would do if I had that much time in Phuket is switch hotels during my stay. There are some smaller towns /villages/beaches that I think would be fun, at least for a few days. When we were leaving lasyt year, we stopped for lunch at a little beacher area about 7 km from the airport that had a few small hotels, a couple of restaurants, etc. It was just a nice quiet place. Unfortunately I do not remember the name, but if you look on a map it is the first beach south of the airport. Find a quiet out of the way place for a few nights, and a more happening area for the rest, or vice versa.

6. Re: 14 days in Phuket-any chance of running out of things to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2012, 18:17