We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Storms? Rain? or Sun in Phuket?

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Storms? Rain? or Sun in Phuket?

Hello,

I've been checking the weather for Phuket recently i arrive the beginning of March. I'm starting to get worried as the weather forecast for the next ten days shows storms for 9/10 days and a 60% chance of rain, which in my view is quite high. I just want to know is anyone out there at the minute can advise on the weather? Are they actual storms are little bursts of heavy rain, as long as their is Sunshine i'll be happy!

Thanks

Rawai Beach, Phuket
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
920 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Storms? Rain? or Sun in Phuket?

It hasn't rained here for some time now (maybe 3 weeks?)

We sure could use some.

It's been hot, hot, hot and sunny lately.

My garden would love a shower or two.

If you search for Jamie's Phuket Blog, I believe he has a live camera at the beach and up to date weather reports and comments.

Edited: 19 February 2011, 21:28
Ao Chalong / Rawai
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Storms? Rain? or Sun in Phuket?

I agree with "fiddledude regarding" us residents needing some rain here as water presure has been dropped so low due to local rationing that we can not even use the toilet on our third floor. We can indeed use a good rain to cool things down, reduce the fire risk and try to replentish some water back into the system since we are only half way into our anual dry season.

" TROPICS_SUNSET" I would sugets that you try a different weather web site.

Regards from Phuket

Richard & Megumi

3. Re: Storms? Rain? or Sun in Phuket?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 10:18