We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather For The Next Week

Melbourne
Level Contributor
366 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Weather For The Next Week

Arriving in Phuket on Saturday and have just had a look at the weather for the next week and it says rain everyday. How is the weather and would we be so unlucky for it to be raining? I thought March was still a good month to go to Phuket.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,310 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather For The Next Week

Don't worry about it Deborah. The link below is the Thai Meteorological Deparment and the weather looks ok to me for next week.

http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=75

Sure you'll get some rain but then the sun will come out and it will still be hot and humid. Forget about and just enjoy yourself.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
366 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather For The Next Week

Thank You. Yes it looks ok. The other site I was looking at had a lot more rain predicted. At least its got to be better than our weather in Melbourne at the moment.

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,313 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather For The Next Week

Forget all forecast sites.

Normally this time of year: hot and sunny, and maybe some rain in the evening/night.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
366 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather For The Next Week

Thank You Steven.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather For The Next Week

On the link it shows 35 degrees, but lightning / thunderstorms everyday? Is this normal for March? Are the storms just brief and then its back to sunny again or do they linger all day?

I am also flying over Mid March and was really looking forward to some hot sunny days!

Also what is the temperature like at night? Should I bother taking a cardigan or jumper with me this time of year?

Any help is much appreciated :)

Phuket, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Kata Beach
Level Contributor
5,313 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather For The Next Week

As I just said, forget all the forecast sites.

This time of year dry and hot, with maybe a rainshower in the evening.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
366 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather For The Next Week

Hi BellaSam,

You must have been looking at the same sites that I was. On previous trips to Phuket the nights are still very warm and enjoyable. Its up to you but I dont think you will need a cardigan.

Have a good trip.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather For The Next Week

Definetly would not pack a Cardy :)

Cheers

Lozza

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather For The Next Week

Hi there,

As lozza says you will not need a cardy, the lowest temps in Phuket from around May to August is between 21C overnight with days of 28C so its never cool by Melbourne standards.

The following site has a climate section and it gives some figures of the weather in Phuket and Thailand.

http://www.tmd.go.th/EN/province.php?id=75

Cheers, Pete

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Weather For The Next Week

Hi, anyone can advise the weather condition in Phuket now?? I have a trip to Phuket tomorrow but noticed it's heavily flooded in Koh Samui. Tourists are stranded there... I am a bit worry.. any advices?? Thanks a lot!! Mark.