We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit in May or June

roscommon
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Topic
Visit in May or June

Hi All

I ahve read some much information on weather in Late May early June in Bangkok and Phuket that I cant decide whe to go.

I would liek to go to phuket but is the weather not nice in My or June? I know it is Monsoon season but been from Ireland, I would still hope it is warm?

I have considered going to Bangkok and Koh Sumi instead of Phuket but I want to visit Phi Phi Island and I am wondering can we visit this island if we stayed in Phuket or is it too far?

Any help appreciated,totally confused

1. Re: Visit in May or June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 March 2011, 08:05
Edited: 16 March 2011, 08:05
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
156 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit in May or June

It will be warm all year, just wet and humid in monsoon. We're going in July ourselves, good thing about it is it wil be low season less crowded. Phi phi is a ferry ride from main beaches and towns of Phuket, has hotels on it if you want to stay overnight

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit in May or June

The weather in the Koh Samui area May to September is very different from the Phuket area, but as said above hotel rates are low in Phuket at that time, but that does not mean Koh Samui would costs you any more.

If you want to visit Phi Phi Phuket is nearby but it is quite a way from Koh Samui

Average monthly rainfall in mm, amount of rain does vary year to year of course.

May:

Koh Samui : 157

Phuket :345

June:

Koh Samui : 92

Phuket: 285

So you can see the difference. Koh Samui gets busy from July through September so May and June hotel prices are quite reasonable.

It would be hot in both areas.

Edited: 12 March 2011, 01:49
Italy
Level Contributor
39,497 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visit in May or June

Samui would be better but we've also been in Phuket the last 2 weeks in May and although it did rain in the afternoon most days it was only for a brief time, however the further into the summer you go the more rain there will be in Phuket.

Phuket
Level Contributor
187 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visit in May or June

Day trips from Phuket to Phi Phi island are very popular. You can either go by speedboat or ferry. You can either go for just one day or few a few days.

You can see companies recommended under Things to Do section (tours).

6. Re: Visit in May or June

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 12:17