We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of food in Kata

FairyTurn
Level Contributor
172 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of food in Kata

Hello,

How much is the average cost for food in kata?

If someone can let me know the general cost for street food, traditional restaurant and then fancy I would be very grateful!

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,812 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of food in Kata

Hi

You don't find a whole lot of street food in Kata, a couple of guys with their stalls and the ever popular pancakes

In the 'average' restaurants expect to pay anything from 500tbh to 2000thb including soft drinks . . . for 2. Depends on what you have as well, chicken is cheap, but seafood can be more expensive and is normally bought by the gram . .

High end restaurants are just about western prices, with wine very, very, very epensive - 20,000thb for an average bottle of wine!

Enjoy!

FairyTurn
Level Contributor
172 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of food in Kata

20,000thb for an average bottle of wine?! Are you serious?!

If that's the case we'll be sticking to beer!!

Thanks for the info.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,812 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of food in Kata

I think a case of two many zeros. You can get a bottle for about 1100 and a quite good bottle for 2000. Champagne about 3400 from memory. In the beach restaurants you should get a glass of cask for about 150-180

Try cocktails at happy hour. Just by the way four of us always each for less than 2000 in a local place - sometime 1000 including a couple of drinks.

4. Re: Cost of food in Kata

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 11:18