We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating and drinking in the Laguna

yorkshire
Level Contributor
60 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Eating and drinking in the Laguna

Hi, how expensive is it to eat and drink in the Laguna area? We plan to spend a couple of nights in Patong but most of the time we'll be around the Dusit

Kosice, Slovakia
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating and drinking in the Laguna

The Laguna is an expensive place to eat. Mostly high end resorts. But if you get away from the hotels (and Canal village) and walk down the beach you will find more reasonable and good restaurants. Also, going in town (Cherng Talay and Bang Tao), you will find cheaper restaurants.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
60 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating and drinking in the Laguna

We eat mainly thai food and try to eat away from the hotels. Singha is my hubby's tipple and vodka is mine.

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating and drinking in the Laguna

We loved the Lotus and would have a mixed starters and an assortment of Thai food for our main course with drinks for around £30 for the two of us. The Lotus provides a free pick up service too although I liked to tip the driver.

At other cheaper beach restaurants such as the Green Leaf, Tums and Sabai all near the Sheraton, we could have similar for around £20. We usually chose too much food though so you could get a good meal for less than what I have quoted.

The Lotus is a bit more upmarket with singers to entertain you but I loved the other beach restaurants too.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
60 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating and drinking in the Laguna

Thanks :) Its a lot more expensive than Samui then lol How much is a bottle of Singha?

Kosice, Slovakia
Level Contributor
171 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Eating and drinking in the Laguna

In Cherng Talay you can go to Black Cat restaurant or Sunset restaurant and enjoy really good Thai food for about 100Baht each, rice about 20 Baht and water 20 Baht. Don't know about beer.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eating and drinking in the Laguna

Had a nice cheap meal at the (proper) reggae bar, all on it's own on the beach, way north of the Sheraton. Great crab. Cheap meals and beers at Aloma and the place next door, south of the Sheraton (just keep walking).

Lotus was hugely disappointing. We ordered a la carte, it was expensive, and they couldn't even produce a good pad thai. Pad Thai for pities sake ! If you go, avoid a la carte and pay for the seafood, you might be happy, because we weren't a la carte.

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eating and drinking in the Laguna

There is a great place RIGHT ON the beach just opposite the Banyan Tree.

Nice Thai food, western food and even some wine and friendly service.

Very reasonably priced too. There menu and prices are online.

They do free pick ups in the Laguna area...\

Called Tony Phuket

http://www.tonyphuket.com/

also some reviews on Trip Advisor too.

Edited: 12 April 2011, 10:55
yorkshire
Level Contributor
60 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eating and drinking in the Laguna

Thanks very much for your replies! Only two and a bit weeks to go :)

Perth
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Eating and drinking in the Laguna

Hey Westie

We're there around the same time (from 28th April), but staying at Laguna Beach Resort. We plan on trying some of the Beachside restaurants, and I hear Tony's is a great place to go - also has live seafood in the tanks and is meant to be much better (and cheaper) than Lotus Restaurant.

We will also be trying the Siam Supper Club which is located just outside the Laguna Complex. Have a look at their website (I believe they do complimentary pickup/drop off).

http://www.siamsupperclub.com/

Cheers

Jax

yorkshire
Level Contributor
60 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eating and drinking in the Laguna

Thanks Jax! great minds think alike .....I've already checked it out! Can't wait! Just hope the weather is ok :)